Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice from the mortgage forum pros

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice from the mortgage forum pros

I asked in another forum but I think I should find out how the following is going to affect my mortgage scores.

I have a CO from Cap 1 that is 6 1/2 years old. It updates every single month. I contacted the executive office to try to settle and possibly delete the account since it is so old. They called me back asked a few questions and now I am waiting to hear what they have to offer. If they will not do a PFD what is the next best thing that I should ask for? Can they remove all the monthly updates from the last several years, do I ask for them to just report as paid as opposed to settled? It is already affecting my credit scores & at this point I cant afford to have my mortgage scores drop as I'm applying for pre approval sometime in May.

Any advice on what I should ask from them is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice from the mortgage forum pros

You may want to contact each of the CRA were this account is showing and ask for an Early Exclusion.

Transunion is known to give this upto 6 months in advance of normal timing. Equifax and Experian can range from 1-3 months early.

I see you want to get this done before May based on mortgage pre-approval. I'd still call and maybe you will get a sympathetic CS rep. All you lose is time spent on phone.

Good Luck!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already called 2 cras and they said to call back as it is too soon for early exclusion.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which ones did you call?  Transition will early exclude at 6 months but from what I have read you will need to ask for a supervisor.  Experian is 3 months.  Equifax is 1 month. 

I would love love to hear what capital one told you.  We have 1 capital one Charge off left.  That I need to settle or pay off.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been about a week and a half since I spoke to Cap1 & have not heard a response yet. I'm going to call tomorrow. will post an update when I know anything.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.