Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice

First of all, I would like to say I really wish I would have found this site sooner than later. It would have helped me in so many ways. Better late than never , I guess. I have been lurking on here since we started the mortgage process in the end of June. I am driving my hubby and myself crazy.  He's going VA. Where he is going thru you only need to have a 600 mid minimum score. His was slightly higher than that. It's been a whirlwind for us because we decided on a whim to see if he could get a loan on his own. My CS took a drastic plunge earlier in the year when my ex let a car go back that I was a co-signor on. Within a week he had inquired(6-19-09), got pre-approval, looked at a house, and put a contract on it. It's a steal and our mortgage will only be $5 higher than our rent. Heres, where I need some advice. I signed him up for Scorewatch mid July. On the 23rd he got an alert saying his score dropped 30 points. We had used one of the CC's to buy a new tv prior to all this and it just showed up causing utilization on that card to rise. He asked his LO about them pulling another report . It was in UW at this time. He said he didn't think they would. I relaxed slightly. It got out of underwriting with the conditions that 2 minor collections have to be paid BEFORE closing. Nervous because of what I have read here and also LO mentioned something about CR might need to be pulled in regards to this. He paid them by money order and certified mail and that seems to have taken care of that. He got the clear to close yesterday. The LO said he would call him Monday and let him know the exact time of closing on the 13th ( which has always been the closing date). The LO said that because they are waiting on a report from the pest treatment that was done on Friday due to a minor carpenter ant situation. Do you think I can finally relax and maybe enjoy my weekend. Or do you think they could still pull his CR after they get the report and before they set the time? Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice

We closed yesterday and they never pulled ours again. The last time it was pulled was 6/15

I think it depends on the bank we went with USDA guaranteed loan. I was worried about the same thing and it never happened.

Good luck and congrats on your loan.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding gearhead76. Congratulations on your new home! Hopefully, next week this time , I will be in my own.
Message 3 of 7
msnabs
Valued Member

I think you will be ok. I actually had my CR pulled on the same date (6-19-09) and I am also going VA. My closing date is the 14th and I had to pay one collection, but I only had to show the settlement letter and the bank statement where the payment went through. My LO said that they wouldnt pull again b/c the score is good for 120 days....hope this helps!!! Good luck at closing and enjoy your home!!!!
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks msnabs! It's funny because usually I am the calm, non worrier and my husband is the opposite. For this situation we have definetely changed roles. I think the worst of it is to get this close to one of our biggest dreams and then it have it fall apart to a cc purchase we really didn't even need. Good luck with your closing and congratulations on the new home!
Message 5 of 7
msnabs
Valued Member

Believe me....I understand!!! I am used to doing things on my own, but I really thought at sometimes during this process, that I was going to need therapy!  Especially, with some of the bumps and curves that I had experienced. Buying a house is the most scariest, thrilling and exciting thing you can do, but I am sure that it will be worth it in the end.  I just got tired of paying so much in rent over these years and am ready to set down some permanent roots. I also love this website because there are so many people that understand how we feel and some great experts giving wonderful and dependable advice.......For now I will bide my time on here and trying to pack things up. Enjoy!
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 6 of 7
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Once you have "clear to close" you should be good. That basically means the UW is done with your file and your good to go.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.