Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need $$ for Appraisals

tag
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

Need $$ for Appraisals

We are planning on building a home and sell our existing home.  We need $1200 to get appraisals done on our house and the lot where the home is being built.  Problem is we are having difficulty coming up with funds to do the appraisal because we are draining our accounts spending money on our house in order to sell.  Catch 22 position. 

Does it hurt our credit by using our credit line to pay for this?  We would pay it off once our house sells.  The process takes at least 30 days.  That means our house won't hit the market until at least the end of May, so we have to move forward somehow.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Need $$ for Appraisals

What do your credit balances look like already? How much of available credit are you using?

Message 2 of 7
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

@foofighter74 wrote:

What do your credit balances look like already? How much of available credit are you using?

My husband's available credit is good I think.  The account we would use has a $282 balance with $2000 available.  The other account he has I know he's not close to the max at all, but don't know exact credit limit.  We don't anticipate pulling the entire amount.  Maybe half at most.  Mine is too close. 

Message 3 of 7
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

Do you have anything you can maybe sell on ebay?  I needed to come up with $$ for my home that I will be closing on this monthend or erly May and I sold my iphone 4S, samsung galaxy S3, and my Xbox 360 and I got almost $1000, which helped A LOT!  So, if you have things that you can sell, you should.  Those are material things that you can also get back (at least that's the way I see it).

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 7
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

Message 5 of 7
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

@HomeBuyer13 wrote:

Do you have anything you can maybe sell on ebay?  I needed to come up with $$ for my home that I will be closing on this monthend or erly May and I sold my iphone 4S, samsung galaxy S3, and my Xbox 360 and I got almost $1000, which helped A LOT!  So, if you have things that you can sell, you should.  Those are material things that you can also get back (at least that's the way I see it).

Good Luck!

Great idea, but we don't have many gadgets to begin with.  I don't have many "materialistic" things.  Heck I've cut the cable and cell phone bill to afford bills and taxes.    I'll see what else I have lying around!  LOL

Message 6 of 7
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I put my appraisal on my credit card but I will pif before statement cuts plus it gave me cash back on it :-) mine was only 400 though.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.