Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help ASAP with Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help ASAP with Inquiry

please help....my husband is getting a conventional mortgage currently in underwriting. He can support then loan on his own income. I started shopping for appliances and accidentally put his social security number on my application it clearly has my name and date of birth. When I realized it the next morning due credit alerts I called the company and they said it was nothing they could do is there anything we can do???? Will this kill the loan...please help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help ASAP with Inquiry

Don't panic! One hard inquiry may not move his score at all. At the most, if it moves it at all, just a few points. When he submits an application, they'll probablybhave him sign a letter of explanations re: all recent inquiries. He can then explain that this inquiry was made by a vendor with whom you guys were prospectively shopping ( I e no purchase now), and they dean your credit.

Lenders want to be assured you're not making any huge purchases around the time you close your loan.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying not to he already submitted app...we are just a week out from closing!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shouldn't be a big issue.  The lender will do a credit refresh just before the loan is clear to close and they will just ask for an LOE about the inquiry.  If you eneded up not taking any credit from them you will be fine.  If you did then they will just make sure it still works with his DTI going up.  I wouldn't worry to much.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark you were exactly right....that is what we had to do

Message 5 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

did you establish a credit account?  

then you have a payment the lender needs to know about.

otherwise, a letter explaining that you were shopping and no credit was established.

tell lender immediately 

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account was open no purchase made; the problem was that it was conventional only one spouse on loan; both on title the spouse not on loan accidentally used wrong social when completing app. No purchase was made and the creditor corrected the social security number...Problem when spouses now each others social going 100 miles per hour...

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

also lender was notified of the issue the next morning when we received the credit alert...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.