Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help Asap

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help Asap

I'm am needing advice quick to anyone who can help. We already have a closing date which is Nov 19 2014. Just found out that I am in the cairvs system because of a defaulted student loan, which I thought was taken care of as they had garnished my taxes for a few years. Anyways that is our only obstacle now or else I get denied, and the deal falls throughSmiley Sad. I am planning on settling the debt which is about $3,000 today. Does anyone know how long it takes for the system to update or what can I do to speed up this process.
Thanks in advance everyoneSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Need help Asap

As soon as the defaulted amount is cured they should be able to update the CAIVRS system right away to show there is no longer a claim. On the CAIVRS hit there is a phone number (I suspect to the Dept. of Education) so you can contact them and ask them to expedite the reporting process.

Hopefully this has already been resolved since you are closing next week.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.