Established Member
curryb15

Need help with Overtime earnings

Hello all I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage of no more than $175,000 to purchase a condo. My issue is overtime vs my income, I make $50,000 a year base pay and around $53000 with o/t. I have been at my job for 5 years and have always had some overtime where I could pick up the extra shifts, but this past Jan I now have buit in Overtime of at least $400 per month and sometimes more. My boss Says he is willing to fill out the verifivcation stating my o/t and employment will continue. This year Im on pace to make $60000 with o/t and my raise I get next month. Will they count my overtime when calculating how much of a loan I could take? without the o/t it brings my yearly income to about 53000

Frequent Contributor
Mrs_hambright

Re: Need help with Overtime earnings

They will average 2 years of OT to my understanding
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: Need help with Overtime earnings

Correct, OT is calculated on a 2-year average.  So the more OT you are making now will help raise that average, but you won't immediately get to use $400/mo of OT.

$53k/year of income usually should qualify for a $175k condo though.  How much are you putting down?  What are your credit scores?  What are your other debt payments (car loan, student loan, credit cards, etc.)?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}