Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Overtime earnings

tag
curryb15
Established Member

Need help with Overtime earnings

Hello all I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage of no more than $175,000 to purchase a condo. My issue is overtime vs my income, I make $50,000 a year base pay and around $53000 with o/t. I have been at my job for 5 years and have always had some overtime where I could pick up the extra shifts, but this past Jan I now have buit in Overtime of at least $400 per month and sometimes more. My boss Says he is willing to fill out the verifivcation stating my o/t and employment will continue. This year Im on pace to make $60000 with o/t and my raise I get next month. Will they count my overtime when calculating how much of a loan I could take? without the o/t it brings my yearly income to about 53000

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help with Overtime earnings

They will average 2 years of OT to my understanding
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Need help with Overtime earnings

Correct, OT is calculated on a 2-year average.  So the more OT you are making now will help raise that average, but you won't immediately get to use $400/mo of OT.

$53k/year of income usually should qualify for a $175k condo though.  How much are you putting down?  What are your credit scores?  What are your other debt payments (car loan, student loan, credit cards, etc.)?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.