Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help

Me and my wife is looking to qualify for a VA loan. The problem is she bought a home in Texas when we were station their and we did a wrap around lien for the mortgage. Anyways the mortgage was late and was going into foreclosure but it did not. We was not married at the time and now we want an house. My middle score is 640 and her middle score is 630. The lender say we can not get approved for a house because of all the late payments on the house even though it is caught up. I had a student loan that was in default be now is good to. What can we do now to get a VA loan?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help

How long ago were the lates on the mortgage and how severe were the lates on the mortgage (e.g. 30? 60? 90?etc.)?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help

They were 90 to 120 days late. It did not become current until April. It was in the process of foreclosure and then they took it off of transunion and eqiufax but it still should on the expersion. The loan officer said because of the late payments I would have to wait a year to get an VA loan. I had a lien agreement that should doing the time of the late payments started. My wife signed the deed over to them but the loan is still in here name.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.