cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on potential mortgage !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice on potential mortgage !

‎04-22-2015 08:00 PM

today I found out from mortgage company my app was approved by DU SYSTEM.....MY MIDDLE score was 595

i know I'm not out of the woods but can someone tell me if DU APPROVAL is a good reason to be excited

heres es some extra information

lender has 2 years of tax returns for 70 g a year stable
approx. 25 pct back end DTI
IM meeting with the builder Friday to pick my lot and my floor plan

purchase price is around 197,000

credit score isn't great but system approved me I guess good income and low dti

most recent collection was 20 months ago
I'm going to pay down my 80 pct utilization to get score up to 620 before closing ...if it doesn't get to 620 il have reserves as a backup

I'm very excited but cautiously optimistic .....based on what I've posted can anyone tell me if this has a good shot of happening .....thanks !!!'

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Need some advice on potential mortgage !

...I'd say it has a fair chance ...DU (Desktop Underwriting) is essentially an automated preapproval ...but a mid score of 595 is only 15 points above minimum for FHA ...any score drop could change that and score changes tend to be larger the lower your score is ...80% utilization is having a severe impact on your scores ...optimal is a single revolving account between 3-9% utiliztion, the other accounts at zero ...but you'll see good score improvements at under 30% ...the CAs under 2 years old will be holding you down as well ...you should spend some time in the Rebuilding Credit forum to see if you can get any of them removed.

...you should immediately opt out of any 3rd party notifications on the CRA site ...CAs are well known to buy lists of mortgage applicants and then load their reports up with negs ...valid or not, knowing that many will pay just to get them off before they damage your mortgage.

...don't forget that you will have up to several thousand in closing/prepaid costs besides your dp ...you must be able to show where that will come from ...if your builder is telling you that they will cover xx of the closing costs, be sure "whose" closing costs they are including in that number ...its common for builders to include what are normally seller closing costs in their sales pitch

...do you have your own realtor working with you? ...a good realtor can protect your interests and save you money even in a new build transaction.

...hth 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.