Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on renting vs buying in my situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice on renting vs buying in my situation

hey guys any help would be appreciated right now as im kind of confused. right now i am renting an apartment and am in my lease until april of 2011. I have been considering buying a house but dont know if I will be able to . my credit scores are 627/635/670 . my income is about 2400 gross monthly. have two car payments totaling 325 a month but one will be paid off next year before i finance a home. so really car payments will be 201 a month. credit cards will be 80 a month. i have a few old charge offs on my credit from 4-5 years ago. and a repo that was paid in full after the fact. also 5 years old. any other information you need let me know.

now here is the different scenarios though. I am supposed to get married soon, fiancee has no job right now so no income, and she is in school so a lot of student loans. would she hurt me if i were to get married and try to get the house? and if we do get married and she is working how do they figure the DTI with both of us? so again any help would be great . thanks guys

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Need some advice on renting vs buying in my situation

Where did you get your scores from?  Here at myFICO.com or elsewhere?  I ask because you can only get 2 credit bureaus scores from here.  A lot of websites where you can get 3 scores will only give you estimates on your FICO score, not your actual FICO score.

What state are you buying in?  When are your wife's loans scheduled to enter repayment/come out of deferment, and what will the payments be on them?  That will determine the answers to the other questions you asked.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.