Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice

I am one of the many people using IBR payments on my student loans.  I know as of 6/30, FHA will be using 1% of the total loan debt to calculate DTI.  Using my actual payment, DTI is around 28%.  Using 1%, I am at around 45.  My wife and I both have a very large amount of loans from Physical therapy and Occupational therapy schools.  I know in certain circumstances, higher DTIs can be used.  My combined income with my wife is 150-160 a year.  My middle mortgage score from my 3B report on here is 721.  Looking to upgrade to a larger home and finance around 220,000.  I have had a USDA mortgage for the past five years with no late payments that was financed for 149000.  I can knock my DTI down by trading in my truck and paying off a few things.  Is lowering my DTI by trading in my truck worth the credit hit from a new account and the inquiries?  I'm kind of at a loss with these new regulations.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Need some advice

can you refi the auto to help?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is also an option.  Forgot to add that we are planning on trying to buy in 1-2 years.  

Message 3 of 4
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

a lot can happen/change in 1-2 years

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.