cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some direction, must find a lender.

tag
kanda

Need some direction, must find a lender.

So, we own a home. Our current mortgage is thru a local bank. We are relocating across the country as I have a new contract making more money. We have a family, so the wife and kids are (were) going to go ahead and move and I would follow a few months later when my current contract expires. We contacted a credit union in our new locale a few weeks ago and told them about who we were, moving for new contract, yada, yada, yada. No problem.

My wife finds a house that is a QUARTER of our "borrowing limit". We submitted an offer and they accepted. Realtor wants a preapproval. Fine. So, we call the credit union and after 36 hours at 5 o'clock they say "approved BUT, we sell our loans and Freddie Mac wants 30 days of new paystubs." Uh, what? Won't go off existing contract or tax returns or exisiting w-2's, or new contract. So, I think I need a lender that holds in house loans (in hindsight that is what I have now). ANY SUGGESTIONS? My wife fell in love with this old home and now we might not get it and it is RIDICULOUS!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Need some direction, must find a lender.

if this is your only issue.... call lenders until you find one who can do it. no need to apply every time. if they cannot answer the one question on the initial call then move on.

someone will be able to go off the new contract if it isnt too far out.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Try Trustco, they do portfolio loans. However, they are only regional. Like Dallas says, call and ask. Just thought I would give you an idea of where to start if you are relocating to the East coast.

Message 3 of 4
igids1
Regular Contributor

Off topic I suppose, but you did bring it up, what are  you doing to earn that kind of money?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.