cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need someone to calm me down......UPDATED - additional documentation needed....

tag
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: Need someone to calm me down......

Looks like you are moving along in the process well! Good luck!

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need someone to calm me down......

The appraisal came back at $102,000 - fantastic since we are paying $99,900.  I got the order from the bankruptcy judge yesterday okaying the mortgage aaaaaaannnnnnddddd today I get a call from the judge's office just to say I did a great job on my Motion, to thank me for being so thorough, I have done a great job on my entire case (we filed pro se), and I do better than most of the attorneys she talks to (lol).   It was really nice....now if the underwriter is just as nice, I'm home free...ha ha!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need someone to calm me down......UPDATED - additional documentation needed....

This is the email I received today

Your home loan file has been through underwriting and I need more documentation from you.

1.  Need completer bankruptcy papers.   I sent schedules and the plan (initially I only sent the petition)
  2. Need payment history from bankruptcy court plus we need balance and payment to bankruptcy court.  I sent the Trustee's ledger, shows my payments in and theirs out.
  3. Need copy of borrower and co-borrowers filed divorce decrees or child support documentation  Child support was waived at the divorce but both exes came back later, sent her a print out from both child support accounts showing what the monthly amount due is.

4. What are 2 garnishments on co-borrowers pay stubs?  One is my child support and one is the Chapter 13 payment

5.  What is Venture CO child support debt on credit report?  Is there a judgment filed?  Back support being paid through the chapter 13, no judgment filed.

6. Need status of ACS/Dept of Ed student loan $36,605.  Has this loan been paid?  Yes and sent her print out from great lakes showing no balance.

Do you guys think what I sent is good enough or am I just prolonging the kiss of death so to speak?

Message 13 of 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Need someone to calm me down......UPDATED - additional documentation needed....

Being asked questions is better then a no.

But I feel you may be at the hands of the underwriter, if the underwriters husband forgets to take out the trash the day of UW approval you may get denied kind of thing.

I really hate that feeling, I have been in your shoes.

Message 14 of 22
beb86
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you should hear those three magical words here soon...cleared to close!!!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reassurance - I'm just so paranoid about this whole thing.  Even though we have the scores and meet all the other FHA guidelines, we ARE in a Chapter 13, so we aren't the "average" buyer. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an email from the loan processor - she walked my answers from yesterday back to the underwriter.  She said it may be in the morning but she will re-look at the info provided. 

It's the waiting that's killing me......well that and the fact that I'm seriously scared Smiley Frustrated

My realtor emailed me this morning and all of the repairs have been completed and we will take another look this weekend to make sure we are ok with them.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there Tylersmom4!

I came across yor posting and couldn't help but ask you a quick question. How were you able to work something out with the Trustee and the Judge to allow you to (is it sell or purchase) a home? My parents filed a Chapter 13 here in Central Florida about 2 1/2 years ago and they really want to sell their property. They are being SLAMMED with HOA fees and currently are not at an age to be paying almost $300 a month on HOA on top of the mortgage and the bankruptcy. Yes you read that correctly, $300 a MONTH!!

Could you be so kind as to telling me what you did? I REALLY want to help them out!!

I wish you the BEST of luck on your current situation!! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your time!!

Emy 

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your parents filed with an attorney, the attorney would just file a motion to incur debt and list the address, purchase price, interest, etc along with e GFE, wait a couple of weeks and if no one objects the judge signs off on it. 

If they filed pro se (like we did), then they will have to do it all themselves.  I sent mine to the trustee first and she called and said she had no problem with it.  Currently we pay 725.00 for rent and our motion just said a payment not to exceed 750.00. 

Just make sure they don't go way higher (the trustee won't go for that) or way lower (they will have more disposable income and it could make the chapter 13 payment change then they opened up a whole new can of worms) than the current housing costs.

Around here (Oklahoma) attorneys charge about 500.00 to do the motion for you.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always google "selling my house during chapter 13", that's how most of my research is done lol

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.