Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Raise my score 20 points quick

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need to Raise my score 20 points quick

@shanao621 wrote:

But at the end of the day I have completely stretched myself to do what I am doing and I still need to meet the reserve requirements. I've paid $3k to achieve this. Not to mention I paid down $400 on that CareCredit account this month just to get it to get it down to its current balance. I could pay a little less on Capital One but that would leave that account at >20% utilization. I don't actually close on this mortgage until April, I'm already pre-approved, but to get the mortgage commitment letter I need to go through underwriting now so I need 700. I am at 688 on Equifax, 697 on Transunion as of last week. I'm not going to get there on Experian its always my lowest by a huge amount, there are several paid but late utilities accounts that only report to that report. If this doesn't get me a few points I'm going to have to wait until February because I simply can't afford the extra $100 right now, the account is scheduled to be paid off in mid-February anyway. When one of my cards balance dropped from a $730 balance (95% utilization) to $1 balance I got 20 points that day. This is so frustrating. I travel a lot for work I have to use my credit cards. I always pay them, I have no late payments in 4 years, a paid medical collection for $75 from 2009 and that's the extent of the negatives on my TU/EQ reports. I feel like what you are all saying is that paying off over $3k on my credit card accounts, dropping my utilization from 26% to 6% and bringing 12 of 14 accounts to a $0 balance won't have any positive impact on my score. You really don't think that change will gain 12 points for me? 

I profusely apologize if my posts came off like that: I mentioned that I think you likely had it, but my advice was on making your score as optimal as possible and not leaving anything to chance that could be addressed.  I may be slightly oversensitive to the issue as my own bubble at least with one lender is the difference between getting a mortgage and possibly moving to a different state where property values are simply more sane.

End of the day, do what you can with what you have to work with, and to reiterate I'd simply pull the EQ score from here again once your balances have reported (check Credit Karma, Transunion updating seems to lag for virtually everyone and their freebie credit monitoring isn't bad at all) and see where you're at.  

Again my apologies,

--Rev

        
Message 21 of 22
shanao621
Regular Contributor

Re: Need to Raise my score 20 points quick

I am getting so frustrated. Today, I heard back from the bank they are showing my middle score as 689, and they can't approve me until its at 700. I need 11 points. I have 2 more accounts set to report and one is a sizable balance going down to $0. My utilization is showing as 8%. I just don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions? I need 11 points!!!!  

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.