Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to buy a fridge

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Need to buy a fridge

Alright so we are closing in 3 weeks, and im going to need a new fridge for the house.

But iv been scared to make any big purchases from my reserves.

I am not being required to have any reserves when we close, but I will have close to about 10k left in reserves the day we close on the house.

The underwriter knows how much I have in savings right now, will they want to check my balances right before we close? Would they freak out if my balance dropped because I went out and bought a fridge.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
scmami
Regular Contributor

Re: Need to buy a fridge

They did not check our balances past the bank statements I sent in for initial approval. This was an FHA Loan closed in November with 3.5% down. We bought our fridge the night before closing and had it delivered noon the day we closed :-)
Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 2 of 9
BCullum
New Contributor

What I did just to be sure was, the day of closing I went to the lowes by our new home. They have next day delivery. 

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 3 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

What I did was go to the furniture place the evening after I closed and picked out all the furniture, and had it scheduled for delivery the day after the move. I was afraid to purchase anything big before closing and before the loan was funded.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 9
foofighter74
Established Contributor

No reason not to wait. Maybe there will be a better sale in three weeks anyway.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, you might hit an Easter or Spring sale in three weeks!

Message 6 of 9
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Ahhh I am in the same boat as you.  Sitting here this morning thinking about it.  A few weeks ago we were at Lowes looking and they said they are backed up on deliveries for about 2 weeks.  I said to my husband we should just buy it now, but then I freaked out about touching my reserves. 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 7 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

If you see something you like, you can put a small downpayment down on it, and schedule delivery. You do not have to pay in full to start the process.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

w ould do what jm said

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.