Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to have " dispute" remarks removed from Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to have " dispute" remarks removed from Credit Report

please please please... Does anyone have the contact info to have these remarks removed from the 3CB.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to have " dispute" remarks removed from Credit Report

In the "Helpful Threads" sticky, there is a link to a post called "Removing Disputes" the contact info is there.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

someone linked me a thread and i was able to get them done.  EQ seemed easy enough although her English was super bad.  TU said they need to send requests to the creditors and have them do it ( makes no sence ) and Experian was SUUUUUUUUPER helpful.  So lets see what happens.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

someone linked me a thread and i was able to get them done.  EQ seemed easy enough although her English was super bad.  TU said they need to send requests to the creditors and have them do it ( makes no sence ) and Experian was SUUUUUUUUPER helpful.  So lets see what happens.

Nice.. Update the thread with results.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you send me the link, going through the same thing right now. Thank you.

Message 5 of 13
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

It is in the stickies under "Helpful Threads" as indicated in a post above.

Here is the link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Helpful-Threads/td-p/415299

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. I was able to get them all removed today. I had already attempted this in December and was told that they were removed from all 3 bureaus only to find out towards the end of the mortgage process that there were still some out there. I had misplaced all the original phone numbers for the CB's, so was a bit frantic. Turns out when I contacted TU a few months ago, I was told all were removed. Found out today, it was never done. Lovely. Anyway, I get help from all 3 bureaus today and hopefully it works this time.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been so frustrated. All 3 supposedly took them off but then they came back on. Called again and same thing. 

Message 8 of 13
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

You my have to also call each creditor and insist that you are no longer disputing the items and that they stop reporting that the items are in dispute.  The bureaus may remove the disputes, but the creditors can put the dispute back on the report.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wondering if that is what happened, as the ones I requested in December to be removed, were surely removed as I checked and then they just came back within a months time. Going to contact them tomorrow. Thanks for the advise.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.