Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiating flooring upgrade...

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Negotiating flooring upgrade...

Can you negotiate pricing on tile flooring upgrades (say a free room if you buy 5 other rooms) and if so, is it thru the sales associate or done at the design center?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Negotiating flooring upgrade...

You send your realtor after them

Message 2 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

We are the realtors. :/
Message 3 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Then go after them

Message 4 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

This is all typically done when you are pricing out the house, have you done your design visit yet

Message 5 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Yeah...4 months ago. We are deleting a $4500 paver option (since it doesn't match the sample shown at the model home) and want to replace that $4500 with upgraded tile flooring.

Thing is, the flooring upgrade is $5100 plus they want to charge us a $250 change. I'd like to see if we can negotiate to do it for $4500 and no change fee.
Message 6 of 19
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

That definitely sounds like an issue for your sales rep. They may or may not give it to you, but you can certainly try to lean on them for it.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 7 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yeah id be like this is what we want, call up your boss and get it approved k

Message 8 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I've asked about the change fee and the rep says management can't waive it. The fee pisses me off because we are being forced into making this change...if the pavers matched what we saw at the model home, we wouldn't be changing anything.

We actually wanted to be fair with them and figured we could re-spend the same amount on something else but they don't seem to want to work with us. Maybe we should just cancel the pavers and not big anything in their place. We can do the flooring later at a cheaper price anyway.
Message 9 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I have to call BS, tell the rep to get on the phone with the person that can ok this. If they wont, escalate it yourself.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.