Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiating flooring upgrade...

tag
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Negotiating flooring upgrade...

If it were me, at the absolute minimum I'd insist that the change fee be waived, and if not, then I'd just subtract the pavers and not replace them with anything. If they want to lose the additional money over a change fee, then too bad for them.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 11 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

They are saying that management waived the $250 change fee to change pavers to concrete (concrete is standard) and that we only have to pay one $250 change fee no matter what new changes make but I still think its BS.
Message 12 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Man this is pissing me off. Talked to the sales rep and they basically said that they have to charge the change fee and if we are not comfortable with that then they understand and we can just not do the flooring upgrade. Guess they would rather lose $5000+ in sales than waive a $250 fee.
Message 13 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Take it up the chain

Message 14 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Honestly I don't even know who I would contact or where...corporate office?
Message 15 of 19
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

I would personally talk to the Project Manager.  Once they started building, especially after dry wall was up the Sales Rep has been pretty much out of it.  Every walkthrough we had with our Project Manager, even the final walkthrough, he would make smaller changes for us.  Talk to him about it.  He might just have his tile guys do the extra room, if you are using the same tile in the other room.   He actually added crown molding to certain rooms for us, rooms it would have only been in if we paid extra, and he did it because they had extra crown anyway.

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 16 of 19
playboy
Regular Contributor

@jkwheaton78 wrote:

I would personally talk to the Project Manager.  Once they started building, especially after dry wall was up the Sales Rep has been pretty much out of it.  Every walkthrough we had with our Project Manager, even the final walkthrough, he would make smaller changes for us.  Talk to him about it.  He might just have his tile guys do the extra room, if you are using the same tile in the other room.   He actually added crown molding to certain rooms for us, rooms it would have only been in if we paid extra, and he did it because they had extra crown anyway.

I highly doubt that the project manager for BO's developer would do what your project manager did unless he is using one of the smaller builders.  If BO is dealing with one of the top 3 nationwide builders his project manager isn't going to break the mold. Everything is sourced from their partners and orders are specific down to how many homes in the development will have X item.  Those large nationwide builders don't waste a thing.  They work on the margins so whatever they order is is exact and precise and there isn't any extra per se.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 19
playboy
Regular Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:
Man this is pissing me off. Talked to the sales rep and they basically said that they have to charge the change fee and if we are not comfortable with that then they understand and we can just not do the flooring upgrade. Guess they would rather lose $5000+ in sales than waive a $250 fee.

You made your case.  I wouldn't push bc they're seem pretty firm.  The only person high up on the food chain that you could push it to if you decided to do so would be the regional VP, but he or she would just push it down to the sales rep.  

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I wonder if it would be possible to buy the extra tiles ourselves and see if they will install it in the extra areas when it comes time, doubt it though.

Their prices are so outragous it makes me cringe. For areas that come standard with 12x12 ceraminc tile (which is awful looking), they want $3.50 sq ft to upgrade to a 20x20 porcelain tile which looks very nice. That's fair, it would cost at least that much later to tear our the old tile and replace it ourselves. Now the areas that come standard with carpet...they want $8.80 sq ft! That is down right robbery! There is bascially a 100 sq ft portion we would want to do with tile that comes standard with carpet and they want $880, which we'd have to pay out of pocket to not mess with the original loan amount. There are some other sections in the house I'd want tile in but this one was really important.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.