cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous Wreck-Suppose to Close Tomorrow!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nervous Wreck-Suppose to Close Tomorrow!

I am sooo stressed right now. After 4 years of cleaning my credit up and preparing to be a homeowner, I'm suppose to close tomorrow. But I haven't got those 3 lovely words(clear to close) yet. How late do they wait to give you final approval? I took this whole week off from work just incase. I was hoping to close tomorrow and participate in all the Black Friday madness shopping for my new home. But right now it's not looking good. I haven't heard from anyone since Saturday when the lender sent me an email request another form be signed for FHA. Oh yeah she mentioned we may need to get an extension on the closing. I don't want to be a bug-a-boo to my lender and realtor but at this point I'm very tempted. Ughhh
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Nervous Wreck-Suppose to Close Tomorrow!

The day I was susposed to close, I didnt get my clear to close. I was pissed.

The underwriter gave me one last condition that was impossible to meet.

I was told I needed to wait 6 months...........

Any issue that might be holding up underwriting.

Message 2 of 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

Your lender and realtor are working for you so I would absolutely get in contact with them. Not only is closing a wonderful day for you, its also a big payday for them... In my situation I got the cleared to close on a Friday an on closing day, that Monday, I still had some paperwork to fax in before I could close. Hang in there you are very close.
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Remember, they work for you!  So if they want to get paid, they're gonna have to step up to the plate.  Wishing you luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.