Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous about FHA loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nervous about FHA loan

We are currently knee deep in an FHA 203k streamline loan. We have done ALL the paperwork, hired a Hud consultant, picked the contractors, got the estimates, had the appraisal, etc etc etc. Our loan has gone to processing and our lender says it should go to underwriting by Tuesday at the latest. I am all of a sudden extremely nervous! I feel we have lots of "ehhh" factors that maybe if we had 1 or 2 it would be ok but not sure about all of it.

1. Credit scores- mine 680 husbands 660. We have multiple late payments/collections from late 2012 early 2013. My husband lost his job so we hit an extremely tough rough patch. All collections were paid in full by the end of 2013 except 1 that is still open for $400. We have made MULTIPLE attempts to contact the law office who holds this debt and they refuse . No late payments since then.

2. We have been living with family since 2013 in order to catch up, pay off debt and save up for a house. So we have no rental history. (We had lived on our own since 2005 before that but I don't think it matters)

3. Hubby has worked in the same job field since 2005 with a total of 3 jobs since then. He has been with his current employer since April 2014. His position at his previous job was eliminated so he was out of work for a 7 week period in March-April 2014. He had a job offer within 3 weeks but I gave birth to our daughter earlier then expected so he set his start date with the new company for a few weeks out.

4. Trade lines......I'm not sure exactly what counts. In my name I have a 13 month old credit card, a 15 month old credit card that I have never used, 2 older car loans, and an older personal loan. Hubby only has a 6 month old credit card and he is a user on my 13 month old one (it does report to his credit report). Not sure if this all is good enough.

5. Savings: this category is probably the only I am comfortable with. We will have $9000 left in savings after closing.

We wrote a ton of letters explaining every detail of each "bad" thing but I still feel like we will wind up with too many red flags. Thoughts?
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Nervous about FHA loan

looks like a "normal" file to me

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm just really nervous now that all the crazy daily running around is done and I have nothing left to do but sit and wait. I'm not good at that.
Message 3 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I'm just really nervous now that all the crazy daily running around is done and I have nothing left to do but sit and wait. I'm not good at that.

Oh goodness...the wait can be hard.  Use this time for more planning, after all getting to do your own customizatio/construction to your new home is exciting! Visit Houzz.com to get ideas and go to the disucssion section for design ideas for free Smiley Happy Have fun with this!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying but then I hold back because I don't want to get too excited just to have it fall through. I'm usually pretty positive but I just gave this knawing feeling it's not going to happen.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW DID IT GO? DID YOU GET THE HOUSE?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did! The loan went through with no issues. We closed April 8th and moved into the house in June after 2 full moths of renovations. I don't think it ever would have happened without our amazing loan officer. She was amazing.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.