Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Give Up...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never Give Up...

Hello..
I first want to say Thanks! to this board..In September of 2007 I first started taking control of my credit and reading this board every day..
My husband and I at that time had scores in the very low 500's and high 400's..I took all the great advice I read here and as of today he is in the mid 600's and I have a mid score of 618. His mid is 632.
So it is possible to raise your score in just 6 months. We raised an average of 150 points in that time.
And the best part is as of several days ago, we spoke with a Mortgage Broker who ran our credit. Asked for paystubs, records etc, we looked at some houses and when we saw one we liked he ran the numbers and we were instantly approved via automated underwriting.
We put in an offer, signed all the mortgage papers in about an hour..The Seller accepted and we close on the 30th of May..
No jumping thru hoops. no letters of explanation needed..The craziest part is just from what I read here I surely thought I would not be approved due to the many lates within the last 12 months, (Last one being in Sept 07) 1 Judgement, and older charge-offs..But we were approved for FHA 30 yr. fixed at 6.5% for a 220,000 home. Seller paying 6,000 concessions,and  we have 8,000 out of pocket.
The Broker said the only lates that matter with FHA are Mortgage lates of which we didn't have because we rented.
I had no luck with any of the goodwills I wrote so that was frustrating..But just wanted to give some hope to others who may be in the same situation..Dont give up..Pay down your credit cards..Dispute any thing inaccurate and pay on time..which we will always do from now on!
Thank You again to all I have learned from...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Never Give Up...

So awesome!  Congrats on the higher credit scores AND the mortgage Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats....I'm so happy for you....this board is so amazing.......I have to have my daily dose of myfico or my day wouldn't be complete....Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 7
nicemann
Established Contributor

Great job....I am looking to close on a FHA soon hopefully too.  Just have to find the right house.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheSheriffsWife wrote:
Hello..
I first want to say Thanks! to this board..In September of 2007 I first started taking control of my credit and reading this board every day..
My husband and I at that time had scores in the very low 500's and high 400's..I took all the great advice I read here and as of today he is in the mid 600's and I have a mid score of 618. His mid is 632.
So it is possible to raise your score in just 6 months. We raised an average of 150 points in that time.
And the best part is as of several days ago, we spoke with a Mortgage Broker who ran our credit. Asked for paystubs, records etc, we looked at some houses and when we saw one we liked he ran the numbers and we were instantly approved via automated underwriting.
We put in an offer, signed all the mortgage papers in about an hour..The Seller accepted and we close on the 30th of May..
No jumping thru hoops. no letters of explanation needed..The craziest part is just from what I read here I surely thought I would not be approved due to the many lates within the last 12 months, (Last one being in Sept 07) 1 Judgement, and older charge-offs..But we were approved for FHA 30 yr. fixed at 6.5% for a 220,000 home. Seller paying 6,000 concessions,and  we have 8,000 out of pocket.
The Broker said the only lates that matter with FHA are Mortgage lates of which we didn't have because we rented.
I had no luck with any of the goodwills I wrote so that was frustrating..But just wanted to give some hope to others who may be in the same situation..Dont give up..Pay down your credit cards..Dispute any thing inaccurate and pay on time..which we will always do from now on!
Thank You again to all I have learned from...

I talked to an FHA loaner and he said that the Judgement stuff has to go away before applying.

How did you manage to pull this off?

Message Edited by theshadow12345 on 04-06-2008 10:26 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well..it was def on my credit report and we were approved thru the automated computer underwriting. Now, i was paying on it and did pay the Judement off several weeks before approval but it is still showing on my report and filed and not satisfied..at the time our pre-approval was run. I was the one who told him "by the way the judgement is paid" but I'm not sure how we were approved automated since it def showed as still open. I was more surprised to find out that we were approved and had late payments in the last 12 months..I believe we had some strong compensating factors that helped us, good income, job stability  a house we can afford, and a little money saved..
Message 6 of 7
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! I am hoping to have that kind of good news at the beginning of next year!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.