Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Back to Work FHA rules for 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Back to Work FHA rules for 2015

Has anyone seen the rulebook for 2015 regarding buying a home after 12 months?  It states that you can buy a house only 12 months after a foreclosure, deed in lieu, short sale etc. I'm going to talk to a lender today to see what options I have. Hope this helps someone. 

http://patch.com/illinois/oswego/fha-waives-3-year-waiting-period-on-foreclosuresshort-sales--please...

http://ayersteam.com/wp-content/uploads/FHA-Back-to-Work-Extenuating-Circumstances-13-26ml.pdf

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Back to Work FHA rules for 2015

Hi.  Yes, we are in the midst of this right now in Illinois.  Fingers crossed!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Good luck to you!! Keep us posted.

Just a few questions. How soon after your event did you apply? Did you have to be on your job for a certain length of time?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We waited until15 months after our bankruptcy went through to do the counseling (December 2014) and then this past month began looking for a lender.  That has been a challenge.  Here's the thing.  One lender rejected us because my husband started a new job (a very good one) just 3 months ago and they used the excuse that it's not long enough.  He's had several jobs before that to show consistent employment but because his new job is in a different line of work (still salary based), they denied us.  We think that's completely wrong.  The second lender said because we had both bankruptcy and foreclosure that we don't meet the requirements.  We showed her the facts and that she was wrong.  She then said they don't do the program.  Grrrr...so we finally found someone who has gotten us farther in the process than anyone else.  We won't know until Monday if we get preapproval.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.