Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Collection Account - Score Drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Collection Account - Score Drop

I recently applied for a loan everything has been processed for the loan, however a new collection popped up this morning on my equifax account. Dropping my FAKO score 17 pts ... I paid the collection two months ago although it's a collection from 2009. Of course the dreading Midland is the supplier ..I wanted to continue and shop around for other loans but should I just wait it out now ? Transunion FICO 689 Equifax FICO 669 ... There hasn't been a change to the FICO scores as of yet but it just popped up on my equifax today so i'm sure there will be a drop ... ugh

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Collection Account - Score Drop

I feel for you.  Same thing happened to me with my ex wife's medical collection but it dropped me 80 pts.  Just trying now to close before my credit has to be run again with the lower scores.  What timing huh?

Message 2 of 3
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: New Collection Account - Score Drop

you may have to send a goodwill email to see if they can delete it since you already paid.  It's a long shot but may be worth it in the end

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.