Did you mean: 

New Construction Journey

tag
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Re: New Construction Journey

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sylvrbak wrote:

Looking great SO10! This is what I've been waiting for your in the home stretch, or have you all ready closed? Either way Congrats the house looks terrific! 

Thanks. I haven't closed yet. Supposed to close next Thursday. Hoping everything goes off without a hitch. There are touch ups to be made after going through the walk through yesterday but it's mainly cosmetic. Straighten out some outlets, touch up some paint here and there kind of stuff. Waiting on the CTC. Had to submit some paperwork yesterday but my LO, her supervisor, my LP, and real estate agent were all out of office yesterday so it was kind of frustrating that the docs won't be submitted to the UW until Monday now. What are the odds of that happening less than a week to closing? Just my luck I suppose.

I am sure CTC will go just fine, as for the entire home purchase team out on a Friday, it is summer and they are all probably on a cruise the developer hooked them up with for selling x homes in the community...lol. Again congrats an my fingers are crossed all goes smoothly with keys in hand. 

We we finally broke ground a few weeks back and I will be starting my build thread as soon sticks are up. So excited, but still I wish I was at the end like you.

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 111 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

looking good

Message 112 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got the clear to close this morning and closed about 4 hours after that. Talk about cutting it close. Not a great night of sleep, but in the end it was all worth it. Just waiting on the loan to record so I can get the keys and put a bow on this thing and wrap it up. Never in your life have you seen as many conditions and changes to a loan as what I just went through. Glad it all worked out in the end though. Been a roller coaster ride the last 6-7 months but I'm very glad it is over. To anyone else who is building or considering it, best of luck and my best advice is to remain patient. Things will probably not be 100% perfect but you just gotta stay on your builder and work and communicate with your lender often to have a better experience.

Message 113 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg I'm super excited!!! Congratulations 

I got my CTC today also!!!!!

(doing the happy dance )

This was def ah tough experience

from living in a hotel for weeks, closing date changed, anything you can think went wrong DID!!!!

ENJOY YOUR BEAUTIFUL HOME

Message 114 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Omg I'm super excited!!! Congratulations 

I got my CTC today also!!!!!

(doing the happy dance )

This was def ah tough experience

from living in a hotel for weeks, closing date changed, anything you can think went wrong DID!!!!

ENJOY YOUR BEAUTIFUL HOME

Thank you so much!! I'll post some new pics tomorrow. I'm worn out now. Running around all day in 100 degree weather really takes a lot of a person. Still on cloud 9 nonethless!! Way to go on your CTC!

Message 115 of 120
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the house, 6-7 month journey is long as our process has just begun with the foundation being poured today.  It's the crazy weather here that prevented you from closing sooner.

best of luck to you in your new home-looks gorgeous.

Message 116 of 120
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Ha ha, congrats Southeast80! Looks like dreams are coming true, so very happy for you, enjoy your new home.

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 117 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 118 of 120
tanyagarrett
Valued Member

Southeast80 don't leave us hanging......Show the finish product. 

Message 119 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pics pics pics pics

Message 120 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.