Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Construction Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Construction Journey

Got a scare in the mail yesterday. Apparently my spouse forgot she had overdue rental books and a collection agency sent her a bill for $215. I almost broke my computer screen when I read the letter at my desk. Told her about it then wanted to throw her out of the window lol jk. She paid the bill and the company said they wouldn't report so now I'm hoping like hell they honor their word. I have worked too hard to bring her scores from the high 500s to the mid 700s to have her do something careless like this with just 2 months remaining until closing. Hopefully it's a dodged bullet. For anyone else out there in the same boat, keep an eye on your spouse/significant other like a hawk!!!

Message 61 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Things have definitely picked up recently. The insulation is in and the drywall has begun. No official closing date has been set or estimated yet, but it's looking like sometime in mid-August as of today barring any setbacks. It had been a very quiet on the site since late April as the house wrap was basically all that was done during that time until the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Living room looking into kitchen

1.jpg

Kitchen looking into living room

2.jpg

Facing master bedroom entrance

3.jpg

Loft area upstairs

4.jpg

Above garage entrance

5.jpg

Loft again

6.jpg

Master bedroom

7.jpg

Master bedroom

8.jpg

Message 62 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's looking good! It's always exciting to go and see all the progress. They have finished our drywall and started the trim work such as baseboards, doors, and the stair trimming. Looks like they should be finished by the end of the week. We got a new closing date today of July 29th. This is the third closing date so I'm hoping we hit this one. 

Message 63 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's looking good! It's always exciting to go and see all the progress. They have finished our drywall and started the trim work such as baseboards, doors, and the stair trimming. Looks like they should be finished by the end of the week. We got a new closing date today of July 29th. This is the third closing date so I'm hoping we hit this one. 

Wow. 3rd closing date? When did you start your build? What's up with the delays?

Message 64 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. 3rd closing date? When did you start your build? What's up with the delays?

Orginally the closing date was May 31st but there was a issue with the developer so it delayed everything for a month. The second closing date was June 30th which I don't know why they set it for that date cause even I knew it just wasn't possible. July 30th seems realistc if everything keeps going the pace it is now. 

Message 65 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Orginally the closing date was May 31st but there was a issue with the developer so it delayed everything for a month. The second closing date was June 30th which I don't know why they set it for that date cause even I knew it just wasn't possible. July 30th seems realistc if everything keeps going the pace it is now. 

Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm. One more month and you should be good to hopefully.

Message 66 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to the house the other day and they finally finished hanging all of the drywall througout the house and put up the cement board in the shower areas. Gonna go again this weekend to see if they started taping and mudding everything. Fingers crossed they get it done so I can get an estimated closing date.

Message 67 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Went to the house the other day and they finally finished hanging all of the drywall througout the house and put up the cement board in the shower areas. Gonna go again this weekend to see if they started taping and mudding everything. Fingers crossed they get it done so I can get an estimated closing date.

Congrats!!! That's one fine looking house and your getting a loft area!  Sweet!

Message 68 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! I fought hard for getting a house with a decent sized loft area. Told the Mrs. that it's function will be of tremendous value in the future for parties and family gatherings and children etc.

Message 69 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! I fought hard for getting a house with a decent sized loft area. Told the Mrs. that it's function will be of tremendous value in the future for parties and family gatherings and children etc.

Well played lol

Message 70 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.