Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Construction Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Construction Loan

Home is 252,030.

Had to do a 180 lock unfortunately which is 4.125 their regular rate is 3.6 she said 30 days before closing if the rate is below 4.125 we can get that rate, and if it's higher they honor the 4.125

We got 3000 towards closing and after the 2500 and 5000 we've already put down we will have 7800 due at closing. It's expensive when they don't help pay closing costs Smiley Sad

The houses are selling so fast they don't have to have much incentive.. they had NO quick move in homes because they sell so fast, so we had to do a new build (which is fine with us).

Also, we are using their preferred lender.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was same deal in my neighborhood, only 3k for closing costs ONLY if we used their in house lender. Good news they have been pretty good to work with, we locked our rate at 3.8. we don't get the float down option like you did though
Message 12 of 20
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Mike2 wrote:

Havent started contract process yet, what was your initial score & DTI your LO pulled?  Did you put anything down on contract signing?  What was total cost--Down&Closing?

670 mid score, DTI was 28% and we put down $500 earnest and when we closed we got back $430 at closing.  VA 30yr at 3.625%

Message 13 of 20
Mike2
New Contributor

Did you need an Inspector/inspection even though its a new build?  Do they gaurantee the build or if problems found during or after walkthrough/closing???

Credit Scores: Beginning, March 2011: EX 590,TU 595 EQ 597

Current FICO 8 Scores: EX, TU, EQ

Current Mortgage Scores: EX, TU, EQ,

Vantage3 Scores: EX: (742), TU: (752), EQ: (752)

Goal Scores: EX: (850) TU: (850). EQ: (850)
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike2 wrote:

Did you need an Inspector/inspection even though its a new build?  Do they gaurantee the build or if problems found during or after walkthrough/closing???

I paid for my own inspector week before closing (right about the same time I did my walk through).  They GO THROUGH EVERYTHING...and even though it was just minor things, I'm glad I did it, and those things I would NEVER have known to look.  I mean come on, Im not going to go over every inch of a new roof, but he found a couple flopping shingles...so...

Message 15 of 20
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

You can pay for your own inspector but for VA loan a VA inspector has done that but all new builds come with a warranty (guarantee).  They will come back after 6 months and 1 year after you get keys to do touch up as the house will settle and get stress cracks.

Message 16 of 20
Mike2
New Contributor

MauiMan!  You are turning me into an expert and i trully appreciate it!  Im gonna be ready in assuring that Im gonna be on top of it!!

Message 17 of 20
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I received most of my information right on here from MF members, it's a wealth of info and I'm extremely pleased that I joined years ago.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I could post pictures of the process I would. Drove by today and they have an under contract sign, graded the lot, and the stuff to start the foundation is sitting out there. Can't wait to see the progress!
Message 19 of 20
Mike2
New Contributor

Hey, do you have the same builder?  how much did upgrades cost?  what was your DTI & Score?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.