Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Home Buyer - Suggestions

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

New Home Buyer - Suggestions

Me and my wife are looking to buy a house somewhere around April 2014. We are looking for a loan of $300K and hopefully will be able to down pay 40 - 50K. My wife will be the primary applicant and i will be co-applicant. Her credit is excellent ( over the board 750+ scores, 100% pay on time). My credit is fair. I have old collections those are almost 6 years old. But then I have few paid in full collections from 2010, 2011; one paid charged off card in 2012 November and one Auto Loan which was 120 days late in November 2011 and since then paid on time till date. I am still trying to get my scores up to near 700 range. 

My question, will the banks create problems for us to get a $300K loan as i have so many past delinquencies though they are all paid in full now? Our combined annual income is 190 K.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: New Home Buyer - Suggestions

@sghosh5 wrote:

My question, will the banks create problems for us to get a $300K loan as i have so many past delinquencies though they are all paid in full now? Our combined annual income is 190 K.

we will run your file thru an automated underwriter.... if the AU approves, then we will give you no crap about the old stuff.... maybe some letter of explanation.

some banks add their own guidelines to what i have described.... so let us know what they say when you apply.... we will help you from there.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.