Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New House????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New House????

We are currently in underwriting for a VA loan and our septic inspection came back needing almost $1000 worth of work. Seller says we can fix it, but it seem he should. What are my options? Any opinions?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: New House????

@Anonymous wrote:
We are currently in underwriting for a VA loan and our septic inspection came back needing almost $1000 worth of work. Seller says we can fix it, but it seem he should. What are my options? Any opinions?

What kind of work?  Where did the estimate come from - the inspector or a septic tank co that would do the work?  It makes a difference.  

What does your contract say about repairs? Is your contract AS IS or is there a repair clause?

Seems to me that the VA would have an issue with a non-working septic tank or drainfield as this would be a health and safety issue. It would also land on the appraisal.  Who does the work is negotiable, but I would think the seller would be responsible if he wants to keep this deal together.  The lender wants you to have a functioning septic and won't loan on a home where the plumbing doesn't work.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.