cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line of Credit Before Mortgage

tag
ewmdea

New Line of Credit Before Mortgage

For various reasons we've put our pursuit of a mortgage on hold (part of our income is currently ineligable in the eyes of underwriters, this will change soon). We plan on going through the pre-approval process in the fall. In the meantime we've been putting off some non-urgent medical expenses that we were going to finance. It would be about 1k in expenses. We have the option of using CareCredit with a 0% interest promotional, but we also have a credit card offer for no interest over 18 months.

I was wondering if it's ok to pull the triger on one of these credit lines and get the work done now rather than waiting until we have a mortgage. It will ding our AAoA by a few months, but our scores are currently north of 750 (FICO). Will this siginficantly undermine our approval chances come this fall?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: New Line of Credit Before Mortgage

You are safe adding one account. You will probably be asked to supply a LOE for opening the account but that is not an issue.

Message 2 of 4
ewmdea

Thanks. Am I right that LOE stands for Lettor of Explanation and I would just explain why we opened the line and how we intend to use it?

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ewmdea wrote:

Thanks. Am I right that LOE stands for Lettor of Explanation and I would just explain why we opened the line and how we intend to use it?

Yes. Exactly. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.