Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mortgage

tag
cerika
Established Member

New Mortgage

Hi, my scores are not good at all right now, but I am being transferred due to a promotion and need to buy and sell. Current scores are EXP 594, TU 618 and EQ 583 and the mortgage scores are about 20 points lower. I've had 8 mortages that still report, never past due except a brief period in late 2010 and early 2011 when I lost my mind wwhile my daughter was very ill. Before and since all arae on time. One current mortgage is for my home that I'm selling, the other for a rental that I've had for about 10 years. I expect to put down about $400K on a $750K mortgage and I have a 12/88 debt to income ratio (including current mortgage). My income is all W-2 income over more than 10 years with the same Fortune 500 company. Still, I'm very worried that scores will stop me from getting a new mortgage. Also, I only have 3 cc's with a total of $5000 in limit. I can increase to 20K on one of them (it's secured), but will that hurt my scores even if I don't use the credit? Sorry to be such a mess, but any help is appreciated - I already know I'm a mess and need to do better with my personal credit. Thank you!

current scores TU 740, Exp 744, Eq 719
Starting scores June 2015 TU 591, Exp 540, Eq 520
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: New Mortgage

@cerika wrote:

Hi, my scores are not good at all right now, but I am being transferred due to a promotion and need to buy and sell. Current scores are EXP 594, TU 618 and EQ 583 and the mortgage scores are about 20 points lower. I've had 8 mortages that still report, never past due except a brief period in late 2010 and early 2011 when I lost my mind wwhile my daughter was very ill. Before and since all arae on time. One current mortgage is for my home that I'm selling, the other for a rental that I've had for about 10 years. I expect to put down about $400K on a $750K mortgage and I have a 12/88 debt to income ratio (including current mortgage). My income is all W-2 income over more than 10 years with the same Fortune 500 company. Still, I'm very worried that scores will stop me from getting a new mortgage. Also, I only have 3 cc's with a total of $5000 in limit. I can increase to 20K on one of them (it's secured), but will that hurt my scores even if I don't use the credit? Sorry to be such a mess, but any help is appreciated - I already know I'm a mess and need to do better with my personal credit. Thank you!

You have a current total debt ratio of 88% right now including your current mortgage? Are you calculating using gross income or net?

What would it be without the current mortgage for the property you are selling?

Message 2 of 3
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: New Mortgage

Also, are you including rental income in your DTI.  If you've been renting it out for 10 years and report the income to IRS, you should be able to count it.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.