Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

Re: New Purchase and 100% Loan! Can they go together?

With your credit histroy I think you can get a loan on an icecube. Let me check with an underwriter on that.

When you do shop with your CU check wioth B of A at the sametime. B of A is really eatting closing cost right now and it's not causing the rate to go up.

Tuscani wrote:
I am also in the market and am shopping around... I am leaning more and more towards using a CU.

Established Member
robz71lm7

Yes,  I was shocked when they quoted me that rate.  It's enough that I'm now looking at existing homes the builder has in inventory vs building.  I'll take a look into BoA.

OneMortgageGuy wrote:
Thats a great deal from you credit union! Check with B of A if you are going full doc. 

robz71lm7 wrote:
My credit union just offered me 100% financing on a $150K home at 6.500% 0-points (30-year) with closing costs at $999 (total cash required at close was around $2400)

Scores:

Eq 716
Ex 725
Tu 726

I also have zero debt.

Bad news is I'm 6 months out from closing (new construction).  Wells Fargo will offer to cap the rate for 6 months but the rates they are quoting today for me are 7.00%-which isn't even competitive with my credit union above.

Message Edited by robz71lm7 on 08-29-2007 10:09 AM

Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

Good Luck!!

robz71lm7 wrote:
Yes,  I was shocked when they quoted me that rate.  It's enough that I'm now looking at existing homes the builder has in inventory vs building.  I'll take a look into BoA.

Regular Contributor
VLGaffEsq

Thanks for such dead-on, honest and correct information on today's mortgage market.  This week  pulled back on doing a cash out/refi on my condo so I could leave my family's business and get a position which allows me to completely document my loan (still with the lowest costs and lowest possible interest rate fixed for 30 years).  I also am trying to get all my FICO scores over 720, within the next 3 to 4 months, to be allowed to utilize the awesome appraisal report on my condo (which has increased almost 35% over the past year since I purchased it).  The only negative here is now I've got several useless inquiries on my credit reports due to my stalled efforts.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

OneMortgageGuy wrote:
With your credit histroy I think you can get a loan on an icecube. Let me check with an underwriter on that.

When you do shop with your CU check wioth B of A at the sametime. B of A is really eatting closing cost right now and it's not causing the rate to go up.

Tuscani wrote:
I am also in the market and am shopping around... I am leaning more and more towards using a CU.

I don't think BofA services loans in MN.
Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

Chase and Wells has good rates also.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+