Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Va Loan and my chances everything goes well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Va Loan and my chances everything goes well

My wife and I are looking for homes and we found one we like. So we unfroze our credit and applied for the va loan through the builders company. They ran our credit even called some companies on the credit report to verify some things and make sure they were paid off and how was our payment history, which was never late always on time. Our credit history is good, we have two aid off cars on our history a paid timeshare and just two credit cards payment out of 20 cards and a truck payment. My wife BAH is 1377, the mortgage is 1386. after all bills are paid every month we have over 2000 left a month. The loan officer told us to look for our house and start a contract, so does that means everything is going good. ALso they gave us a 3.6% interest rate

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: New Va Loan and my chances everything goes well

Congrats!  You have been pre-qualified.  Smiley Happy

Two comments:

1. The interest rate can not be fixed at this time. You have to have a contract before you can lock in your rate. If you are building a home, you need to be within 60 days of closing (approx) to lock an interest rate + have a contract.
  2. If you have provided all the paperwork the lender needs, you have a strong pre-qualification. The processing of the actual loan doesn't usually begin until you are  under contract. I say "usually" because some lenders will put you through underwriting subject to a contract and appraisal and clear title and other minor conditions.

Have fun looking for your new home!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.