cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bailouts of Fannie/Freddie, time to loose with the loosers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New bailouts of Fannie/Freddie, time to loose with the loosers?

Now that the gov't has gone full bore in bailout out the fraudsters and irresponsible people that overpaid and run up property, I'm thinking of giving in.

If the gov't continues to reward the unworthy, I'm thinking about buying a house, and then stopping payment on it. As it stands people have exceeded 12 month periods in not paying their mortgages. Live free for a year and bank the money, sounds like a plan. The banks aren't kicking them out because the banks are trying to hide all of the losses, or are overburdened but the sheer amount of people foreclosing.

In the end, us honest people loose when the gov't bails out the dishonest.

I'm thinking with the huge number of people that will have ruined credit from their get rich quick home purchases gone bad, lenders will have no choice but to extend credit to people again. Heck, the gov't might set them up for failure to try to re-ignite the mania.

You can only declare bankruptcy once every 7 years right?

Message Edited by bubbleboy on 09-09-2008 10:43 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Re: New bailouts of Fannie/Freddie, time to loose with the loosers?

I hope to have a mortgage soon, and the last thing I would ever want to do would be to lose that home...I would think it safe to assume that a LOT of the people in trouble right now aren't there because they WANT to be there or because they don't care. Being in a bad situation doesn't make someone unworthy, irresponsible, or fraudulent. I'm sure there are some like what you described out there, but your sweeping generalization seems a bit over the top. Just my .02.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone was under the idea that buying and reselling homes were the road to riches. It was easier to make more money than one would earn at a real, productive, job. This is where the problems come from.

When a bank loans someone 100% or even 95% CTLV, the bank is now at a high risk. If the asset price goes down, why would anyone want to hold onto it? If you buy a house for $300K, and your neighbor moves in at $220K for the same house, yet it's going to take you 6 years just to pay down to what they just bought at... why bother? Sure there is a moral dilemma, but employers wouldn't blink about outsourcing or offshoring people's jobs. I see it as the people adopting the corporate ethics of the country.

A tactic is to buy the house next door then let yours go to foreclosure, but as I understand it only works in some states and depending on the loan types.

In my area housing is still grossly overpriced, and it makes far more sense to rent. The sheer amount of fraud on behalf of mortgage lenders, banks, brokers, appraisers, realtors, and Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac is staggering. Many many people should be going to jail but instead the gov't is trying to "rescue" home prices... that is, keep them artificially inflated at a level that will keep people enslaved to huge debt loads forever.
Message 3 of 8
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I suppose it is a moral dilemna for some. How sad.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bubbleboy sounds mad about ALOT more than mortgages.......

what i tell my kids   "life isnt always fair".....work it out
Message 5 of 8

Not sure if you know what Fannie/Freddie do.  The public seems really clueless but they provide liquidity to the market.  Bottom line, they buy mortgages from the banks so those banks can have cash to continue lending to us home purchasers.

If anything  get upset with the banks that went sub-prime, not Fannie/Freddie.  Without those two companies our economy would make the Great Depression look like the best times of the country.......

Learn a little more about what they do before getting upset about the "temporary" bail-out.
Message 6 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

bubbleboy wrote:
Now that the gov't has gone full bore in bailout out the fraudsters and irresponsible people that overpaid and run up property, I'm thinking of giving in.

If the gov't continues to reward the unworthy, I'm thinking about buying a house, and then stopping payment on it. As it stands people have exceeded 12 month periods in not paying their mortgages. Live free for a year and bank the money, sounds like a plan. The banks aren't kicking them out because the banks are trying to hide all of the losses, or are overburdened but the sheer amount of people foreclosing.

In the end, us honest people loose when the gov't bails out the dishonest.

I'm thinking with the huge number of people that will have ruined credit from their get rich quick home purchases gone bad, lenders will have no choice but to extend credit to people again. Heck, the gov't might set them up for failure to try to re-ignite the mania.

You can only declare bankruptcy once every 7 years right?

Message Edited by bubbleboy on 09-09-2008 10:43 AM

Your schtick isn't helping anything..... and if you indeed do what you imply, then you are a Mortgage Fraudster.

Try to tone it down a little........

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's remember to be respectful to and of others and keep it friendly here on the forums.

Please read the TOS.

Thread is locked.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.