cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here & desperate Fico score lower than lenders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here & desperate Fico score lower than lenders?

So a little background lost home to foreclosure in May of 08, Been at my employer for 12 years and make $65k Hired a credit guru to fix my stuff and he did Lender pulls my scores last week and we have ex 637 trans 607 and eq 581 Pulled my fico tonight and we have 588???? This makes 0 sense especially considering the info my LO gave me which is they take the Middle score I have since disputed a close & paid charge off capital one because they told me upon receiving payment they would delete not just update! I Aldo had success in getting a PFD through Anderson financial this will updated Tuesday when my LO submits the letter head to the CA and then does a rapid rescore. I also have. Paid medical currently in dispute could these 3 items be causing my fico to be so low? Do disputes normally drop your score? Why oh why is my fico so different from my lenders score? I thought myfico was the one lenders use? According to my lender it is not! I lowered my util. from 68% to 20% the Anderson account is from June 2011 once thi is removed do you think may see. Drastic increase? I appreciate any and all replies
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: New here & desperate Fico score lower than lenders?

Welcome to the forum.. Couple things...

MyFico scores use FICO formulas, but it might not be the same one as the lender, as there are variations to the scoring model. Which FICO is the 588? TU or Equifax. My LO indicates usually the Fico score on here for TU is higher than the one they pull, but the EQ is usually right on. Also, when your lender did the pull, it will have placed inquiries on your credit, which will have dinged it as well and knocked it down a little. So if the lender pulled your EQ last week and it was 581, and you pulled it today and it was 588, that doesn't seem far off.

Disputing a closed charge off is likely futile.. Capital One agreeing to deletion willy nilly when getting payment? Doesn't sound like them, but even if they did say so, and you didn't have it in writing, you are probably jacked.. And that dispute may have lowered your score while the dispute is on-going. Same with the medical collections..

Dropping your util from 80% to 20% is solid, but you could get better scores if you dropped it to sub 10%

Just removing one collection account usually won't do alot, if you have 3 more that are there. And if those accounts are in dispute, this could cause problems with the lender as well..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.