Valued Member

New home

I'm in the process of having a new home built and we are scheduled to settle 8/16.  I just locked in a rate of 6.625% for 30 years.  My mid fico is 639 and I have a very low DTI.  Based on your opinions, did I get a good rate?
Regular Contributor

Re: New home

Rate sounds pretty good considering the rising rates recently.     Couple questions first though:  How much down payment did you do?    Did you pay any points to lower the rate?    Any previous BK, foreclosure, etc on your credit reports?

I am applying for a loan now and will meet with the lender to discuss rates next week.  I'm curious what he tells me then.
Valued Member

We are putting 20% down, 1 point but the builder is paying that.  We have no BK or foreclosures, just some baddies from several years ago.  Everything has been current for about 1 1/2 years now.  Just some bad luck in the past but I'm glad that's all behind me now.
Regular Contributor

Is the builder paying the 1 point to lower the rate as part of an incentive that was offered at your contract signing or were you able to negotiate that with the lender during your loan application?    

Established Contributor

6.25 is a pretty good rate. Congrats on your new home.:smileyhappy:

Rob

I think that you got in at a good rate.
Regular Contributor

Rate sounds great! I'm doing a refi though B of A and im getting a 6.875 int rate at .5 points at 95 percent loan to value. My fico are about where yours are at.

Congrats on the new house~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debz wrote:
I'm in the process of having a new home built and we are scheduled to settle 8/16.  I just locked in a rate of 6.625% for 30 years.  My mid fico is 639 and I have a very low DTI.  Based on your opinions, did I get a good rate?

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.