Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New loan out today....100 percent financing, no mortgage insurance

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

New loan out today....100 percent financing, no mortgage insurance

My LO called today and said that USDA? had a new mortgage out today that had 100 percent financing and no mortgage insurance if you lived in a rural area. She also said you would be surprised at what they considered rural? LOL..we couldn't talk much more but did anyone else hear about it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KLGFCG
New Contributor

Re: New loan out today....100 percent financing, no mortgage insurance

Not sure about "new" but USDA has had their direct and guaranteed rural development loan programs for a while now. Both are 100% (actually up to 102% - instead of PMI, they have a one time funding fee of 2% of the purchase price) financing.

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/  for info about the program (go to state offices then navigate to your state for specifics in your area)

http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do?NavKey=home@1   to check your income eligibility and eligibility on the property you're considering

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, that's not new - it has been around for a while. However, the income restrictions are very low. My area is considered rural, even though it's very well developed - but the max income for my family of three is something like 63,700. I couldn't buy a shed for that around here.
Message 3 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Oh, neat. Your LO has a new loan to practice on..... Are you going to be the guinee pig?

This has been around.

Yes, you would be surprised at what is rural. It also has income restrictions.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was the "guinea pig" recently in an FHA loan, and it was very detrimental to my whole process. 

It concens me that your LO is referring to this as "new".  I would research this to death, and then prepare a list of basic and not so basic questions about it, because if I had asked more questions from the get-go, I would be a happy girl right now instead of seriously sweating my rate.  While I am closing faster that I would have with Lender A, in waiting to switch lenders, and  the amount of time it took Lender A to strike a few keys and transfer to Lender B, my rate went up significantly. 

Another clue, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. 

It might work for you, and I don't mean to be negative.  Just make sure you and your LO are speaking the same language and that you are informed. 

Lisa 

Message 5 of 8
itzateach
Regular Contributor

I was lucky enough to refinance my house and close last week. It funded yesterday and I was able to get in on the 6 percent interest rate while it lasted. For that, I am thankful. Unfortunately, in the refinance, I didn't get as much as I would have liked out so the other option for the hubby to be debt free  (I am debt free as of yesterday) is to now sell and buy a home with some equity and consolidate his high interest ccards that we have left. We have a FHA assumable so that is attractive, but we want to make sure we don't screw ourselves over with a bad loan. My LO has been great with everything and really looked out for us, so in mentioning this loan to me, I assumed it was new. Anyway, best of luck to everyone in this economy!! (I am hoping to post my new FICO scores as I was at 100 percent util. and now am at 0). Scores are currently 644, 644, and 621. We'll see what happens!
Message 6 of 8
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

It is definitely something to consider if you qualify. We are checking out the direct as well as the guaranteed right now. I have researched them both quite extensively, and it seems to be a fantastic option. We are looking to buy about 20 miles out of the BIG city.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 7 of 8
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

This is probably the very best loan available for high LTV scenarios. Again you and the property must qualify.

If it is a match it is a greaqt program NO MI and competitive rates

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.