Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mortgage rules - 43%

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: New mortgage rules - 43%

if a payment is shown on the credit report, it is counted.

and you cant pay down revolving debt to qualify

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

I had heard (and could be wrong) if your tradeline has a pattern of being zero'd for a number of months, it may be discounted in the DTI calculation?  Is that not the case then?

Interesting regardless, went through an old EX report and doesn't look like Amex reports a minimum payment whereas everything else does even at $0 balance.

        
Message 12 of 15
tony46231
Contributor

I don't understand that.  How can credit cards be factored in if the balance is always paid every month?  In my case I have one recurring payment of 7.99 on one card.  Another card I use to make one purchase a month and the third is the card is use for everything (gas, cell bill, food, ect.).  Should I be ensuring that I'm paying before the statement cut each month and will this cause a zero balance to be reported to the CRA's?

Starting FAKO Score: 08/16/13 - EX: 702 EQ: 694 TU: 702
Starting FICO Score: 08/19/13 - EX: ??? EQ: 700 TU: ???
Lender Pulls: 02/28/14 - EX: 736 EQ: 716 TU: 748
Closed on 04/25/2014 - Loving it!
Message 13 of 15
tony46231
Contributor

Revelate,

What kind of min payments are you seeing on your report from credit cards that have zero or very little balances?  I'll have to check mine out, but I don't even understand how a min payment is calculated, if the balance is zero.

Starting FAKO Score: 08/16/13 - EX: 702 EQ: 694 TU: 702
Starting FICO Score: 08/19/13 - EX: ??? EQ: 700 TU: ???
Lender Pulls: 02/28/14 - EX: 736 EQ: 716 TU: 748
Closed on 04/25/2014 - Loving it!
Message 14 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

I had heard (and could be wrong) if your tradeline has a pattern of being zero'd for a number of months, it may be discounted in the DTI calculation?  Is that not the case then?  never heard of such. and i cant see that history on my reports.

Interesting regardless, went through an old EX report and doesn't look like Amex reports a minimum payment whereas everything else does even at $0 balance.

call the insurance folks and get a cheaper quote to offset a little?  higher deductible?

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.