cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to FHA loan...would like some assistance please :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to FHA loan...would like some assistance please :)

So this is our first home, first time looking at a loan, ect. I wanted to break into this and get some feedback from a loan place. Called Fidelity First Mortgage on my way home last night. Spoke to a nice rep and he did a run-down of what we could afford. We live in VA and I said no more than $1200/month payment. He came right back and said only $160,000! Is this going to be the same across the board or will it change with every lender? It is an FHA loan, not because of credit but due to low down-payment. I wanted at least $170,000 ball-park...dropping down $10,000 puts us in a different housing area that isn't the best neighborhood.

I would appreciate any thoughts/ideas/advice please!!!

many thanks,
dmg
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: New to FHA loan...would like some assistance please :)

if the lender knows what they are doing.... it will be the same everywhere.
get a second opinion and see what you get
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We're moving to VA and looking at a FHA loan as well for the low-down payment. That seems about right to me. You may want to check into the VHDA site for downpayment assistance if you meet income requirements.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info. I just wanted to make sure before I did shop around. I'm also going ot look ino the VHDA site right now!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.