Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nickel and Dimming me to death

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

Nickel and Dimming me to death

I am schedule  to close tomorrow  afternoon and  I've been  reviewing my GFE and Hud 1. I Just want to ask Forum what Bogus- Closing fee I should argue against paying?

Escrow fee 100

Courier fee   50

Departmentals 750

Endorsement 185

Agents portion of Title insurance 575

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nickel and Dimming me to death

Um...none? Those fees look pretty typical, and I doubt you really want to delay closing over fifty or a hundred bucks.

Message 2 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I agree with Rollercoaster, they are all legit fees, except you may have wanted to get an explanation on what "Departmentals" is for, that is a new one, but doesn't mean it's not a legit cost.  You should also bring these items up well before closing, as having them changed once you get to the closing table would require the documents to be redrawn and add a few more days to the process... not to mention all parties involved (seller, closing agent, your and the sellers agent) could be slightly irritated by your decision to bring them up at the very last second.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 11
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

These fees should have been on the GFE which was dlivered long before you got to the closing table

I agree it is too late in the game to be questioning this stuff

Let us know what that Departmental fee is for because I havent seen that one either

These are all pretty standard title costs

Good Luck

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 11
williamd1972
Contributor

My family and I have the customary  walk through around PM Friday, everything fine.  We proceed to our PM closing at the seller's Attorneys office.  My wife  and take a seat   inside the conference room where everyone is gathered around conference table, My  lawyer, Bank Attorney, and Tile Company,etc.    Before  we can sign  a  single  document, the sellers  bank calls  and rescinds payoff.   Long-story-short: No Closing, No House,5 months down the drain!

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Ouch, sorry to hear.  Was this a short sale?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it legal?

Message 7 of 11
williamd1972
Contributor

Yes, it was a short sale with two mortgages. The 2nd was a charge off. I think the charge off was the issue, Im not sure. 

Message 8 of 11
williamd1972
Contributor

I don't know if it was legal or not.....  If I learned anything during this financial crisis, it is, banks do what they want.

Message 9 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Was the closing done within the time frame requirements of both 1st/2nd mortgages who were approving the short sale?  Had a friend who was buying a short sale and they went to closing a day after the date listed in the short sale agreement from the lenders, but they were able to get extensions on the closing date and just went in to close a week later.  Hoping something similar could happen to you.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.