Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PMI loan for teachers?

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

No PMI loan for teachers?

Does anyone know of any good programs that offer no PMI loans for teachers with 5% or less down in NY? I'm not sure whether the person I am asking for would qualify as a first time homebuyer, she is getting divorced and in the process of selling her house, though I think the term has become a little meaningless. I remember seeing such a loan when I was looking myself.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: No PMI loan for teachers?

@Peter1142 wrote:
Does anyone know of any good programs that offer no PMI loans for teachers with 5% or less down in NY? I'm not sure whether the person I am asking for would qualify as a first time homebuyer, she is getting divorced and in the process of selling her house, though I think the term has become a little meaningless. I remember seeing such a loan when I was looking myself.

First time homebuyer programs are limited to those that are purchasing for the very first time - OR have not owned anything for 3 or more years. There are some exceptions, here is HUD's definition: http://archives.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/ref/sfhp3-02.cfm

Generally down payment assistance is available to FTHB's but there are other qualifying criteria too.

Why would she be interested in a FTHB program? Why doesn't she go for a low dp type mortgage that doesn't require the applicant to be a FTHB?  There are 3% programs, 3.5%, 5% etc.  None of which specify the borrower to be a FTHB. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.