Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No options for Home Equity loan...

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: No options for Home Equity loan...

@thebanjoman wrote:

Any chances for a lesser solution that will help make the debt more manageable, such as a unsecured personal loan and/or lower interest balance transfers? It may not be ideal, but if it can better secure or accelerate the generally-going-down nature of your balances.

I'm guessing it's too early to revisit the idea of a full refinance cash out to achieve the same goal.

I also have to ask if theres any viable options to help improve the income side further. I know you're already working two jobs, but is there a chance of a raise at any employer or a change of employment for better pay or benefits? Even short-term cash boost like selling old or unwanted/unneeded items? Lower paying options to help improve income might be online surveys and/or secret shopping, but they may not make much of a dent.

Lesser solution pending...  I'll update that in a few days.  No, I can't qualify for unsecured personal loan or any "good" balance transfer credit cards right now due to high utilization.

You guessed correctly, it'll be another year or two before we can do a full refi.

Sizeable raise supposed to arrive in March, but I've heard that before and am not sure that I believe it.    May be changing employers this year.

Thanks for your input tho.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why do your balances go up some months? What's going on in your budget that you're spending more than you're bringing in? This won't get fixed until that's resolved.

It's a delicate balance right now.

While my primary income, and my spouses primary income are steady and consistant, my secondary income varies greatly.  Sometimes it's more than enough, sometimes, it isn't enough and there's no way to predict it. 

As ugly as it sounds, we are NOT currently living beyond our means...  there was an eight year stretch where simple survival was "living beyond our means" and we accumulated a lot of debt...  no late payments anywhere ever, but lots of debt.

Started turning the corner in 2014, and hope to make real progress this year.

Message 12 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

No, I didn't forget to update this thread, my "workaround" is taking forever.

Just hit second roadblock...  got around the first one, and now was told to wait two weeks while "under review".

Oh well.

I wasn't planning to sleep much over the next two weeks anyway.  Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Sleep is over rated anyway Smiley Tongue  You got this...it just may take a two or three steps instead of one.  

Message 14 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

SUCCESS!!!!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Seven-credit-cards-down-in-one-shot/td-p/4439211

Yay me!

Message 15 of 16
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Seven-credit-cards-down-in-one-shot/td-p/4439211

Yay me!

Congrats.  Now, let everyone know it's dangerous to finance renovations with 0% credit cards.  Must have been rough.  But can now rest better.

Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.