Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure I'm ready

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Not sure I'm ready

Y'all, I thought I would app in January ! MMS now only 661, but have a 90 day late installment loan falling off in December. No collections or CO. Fico 8 have two above 720. Now, I shouldn't have but I did , app for discover it. Got the 5-7 day message, so denial😬Now I am questioning if I will even qualify for a mortgage! Depressed
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not sure I'm ready

I guess you didn't read the advice of the others who answered in your other thread, but no, you're 100% fine. The LO will ask you about it, and just tell him you applied for a card and was declined. It really is no big deal.

Message 2 of 4
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Thanks bubba!
Message 3 of 4
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

SBRooks, you could also "Recon" the decision. There are a ton of posts in the credit card section detailing how to do this. I recently append for an Amex and two Chase cards 1. Freedom unlmtd... Got it no problem 2. Chase Slate had to recon it and got it with a higher limit that the freedom. It's worth a shot as long as it is within 90 days of your HP. 

Never give up up explore all options! Good luck 

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.