• Purchase Price:  $163,500
  • Property: SFH - 2047
  • Submitted Offer on: 10/08/12
  • Signed Purchased Contract on : 10/11/12
  • Type of Loan: USDA-Guaranteed
  • Loan Rate: 3.5%
  • Loan Application submitted:  10/31/12
  • Loan Approved:
  • Closing Date: 11/26/12 (fingers and toes crossed)
  • Closed On:

Starting Score: EQ 559 (June12)
TU 651 (spouse) (June12)
November12 score (Equifax myfico):
Me: 646
Spouse: 691
Getting ready to close on our first home Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: November and December Closers

• Purchase Price:  $185,000
  • Property: Townhome
  • Submitted Offer on: 10/23/12
  • Signed Purchased Contract on : 10/25/12
  • Type of Loan: VA
  • Loan Rate: 3.375%
  • Loan Approved:
  • Closing Date: 12/7/12 (God willing)
  • Closed On:
Message 13 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a CLEAR TO CLOSE!!!!  Set to close tomorrow @ 1pm.  I can't say the journey has been as smooth as I would have liked, but its seems now the end is near.  Been reading everything on this site to help appease some of my anxiety for a couple of weeks. 

• Purchase Price:  $270k
  • Property: Single Family Home
  • Submitted Offer on: 10/23/12
  • Signed Purchased Contract on : 10/25/12
  • Type of Loan: FHA
  • Loan Rate: 3.25%
  • Loan Approved: 10/30/12
  • Closing Date: 11/2/12
  • Closed On:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/20121017175836.jpg/

Message 14 of 55
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

Congrats TxNurse!  You might be the first closing in our thread this month:-).  It looks like your closing was amazingly fast.  Do you mind sharing who you used?  Might be helpful to someone...

Message 15 of 55
hopefulKT
New Contributor

Congrats!!! No joke--please share who your lender is; that's amazingly fast! 

TU 651 (spouse) (June12)
Message 16 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are closing on November 9th. We already received final commitment from our lender. We are in NJ, and due to hurricane sandy there were a number of properties damaged. 

How do we know if the house, which will be ours in a week, has not been impacted by the hurricane? Is the lender or the seller obligated to verify that the house is in the same shape as before the storm? From the outside, I see that there is a tree split right in the middle very close to the entrace, but doesn't look like fallen on the house yet. 

Thank you

Message 17 of 55
hopefulKT
New Contributor

I've read that lenders are doing re-appraisals before closing due to Sandy...just what I've read, don't know if that's fact; best to contact your LO.

TU 651 (spouse) (June12)
Message 18 of 55
7ate9
Valued Member

@hopefulKT wrote:

I've read that lenders are doing re-appraisals before closing due to Sandy...just what I've read, don't know if that's fact; best to contact your LO.

I haven't heard of re-appraisals being done, but I guess that makes sense if the property has sustained damage.   I was supposed to close on my condo yesterday, but Tuesday night my LO called me and told me Ginnie Mae is ordering properties in my area (including mine) to be re-inspected prior to closing.  My re-inspection was completed today, which was a very quick turn around.  I'm hoping to get a(nother) clear to close Monday, and actually close on Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone else in this process!!!

TU08 740(1/20/16)

Last app: 06/19/2015
Message 19 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@7ate9 wrote:

@hopefulKT wrote:

I haven't heard of re-appraisals being done, but I guess that makes sense if the property has sustained damage.   I was supposed to close on my condo yesterday, but Tuesday night my LO called me and told me Ginnie Mae is ordering properties in my area (including mine) to be re-inspected prior to closing.  My re-inspection was completed today, which was a very quick turn around.  I'm hoping to get a(nother) clear to close Monday, and actually close on Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone else in this process!!!

Thank you for  the info. Who pays for the re-appraisals due to the storm - the borrower or the lender?  Not sure why the lender would pay, but as a borrower I don't want to pay either.  Isn't the seller supposed to certify that the house is  in the same condition as it was before the storm? 

We are closing on Nov 9th, and are concerned if anything major comes up in the walk-through before closing..

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.