Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now the bank wants a 3rd appraisal!!!? Wthhh

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Now the bank wants a 3rd appraisal!!!? Wthhh

Omg.

So if anyone caught my last thread we were all set to close and the lender asked for a 2nd appraisal because the property was a flip. Apparently FHA requires this and no one at any point in the process told us.

Anyway, we ordered the 2nd and apparently there was mass confusion. The same appraisal company was hired to do the 2nd and apparently that can't happen. As far as who made the mistake has yet to remain. Our broker said she "told" them it was a 2nd and it had to be a different company. And they didn't catch this until AFTER the 2nd appraisal was finished.

So anyways now the bank wants a 3rd! But apparently they are ordering and hopefully paying for it.

This is just an insane mess on whole new level.

I'm finding that someone is dropping the ball but I can keep up with who is doing it.

Plus, to top it off the title company put April 5th on our $3,000 state grant application for no good reason when in the purchase agreement it clearly states April 19th. So now the state may want the money back because we didn't close within 10 days of April 5th. Which is bs because it was the title companies fault (or whoever put that date on there).

This just needs to end. My excitement for buying this house has completely faded. I'm almost to the point where I don't want it anymore.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.