cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG LVNV collection shows up after making offer!!!! HELP!!

tag
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

OMG LVNV collection shows up after making offer!!!! HELP!!

Ok so title says it all, We found a home Sunday made offer yesterday (waiting on answer) and low and behold LVNV shows up today for a collection. I know I paid this off 5 years ago but I no longer have proof (moved several times) DOFD was june of 08. Ive pasted how its listed on my equifax its also on my experian hasnt hit TU yet...funny thing is the FAKO scores havent changed since they hit???? My concern is how does this affect us if we get to closing???? I've heard horror stories of having credit pulled a few days before closing and I'm worried this is gonna kill us. We just got our middles over 640 actually mine is 609ex 640eq 657tu lender pulled. Any and all advice is appreciated because I'm in full panic mode.

LVNV FUNDING LLC 
Hide Details
4146XXXXXXXXXXXX 12/30/2011 $730   11/12/2013 $730   COLLECTION ACCOUNT 
LVNV FUNDING LLC

PO Box 10497
Ste 110, Ms 576
Greenville, SC-296030497
(866) 464-1183

Account Number:414683000807XXXX Status:COLLECTION ACCOUNT 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$691  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:12/30/2011  Balance:$730  
Date Reported:11/12/2013 Amount Past Due:$730 
Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:11/2013 Months Reviewed:N/A 
Creditor Classification:Financial Activity Designator:N/A 
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 
Date of First Delinquency:

06/2008 

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG LVNV collection shows up after making offer!!!! HELP!!

Take a few deep breaths.  Deep, deep breaths.  Sit down.  Have paper and pen.

Think.

You paid it off previously.  To whom?  To the original creditor?  Contact the OC and ask for your records. Go pick  them up if you can.

To a debt collector?  Contact the debt collector and ask for the records.  

You paid it off previously.   How?   Credit card?  Which card?  Pay for the statement(s) that would have this transaction on it.

Check?  Which bank account?  Pay for the statement(s) that would have the transaction on it.  Pay for a copy of the check.  

There is a VERY good chance that either payment method still has surviving records.

Send a request for validation letter to the creditor.  By law, they have to stop all collection activity until they send proof of the debt.  Do NOT send anything to the credit bureaus.

Now that you have taken action to recover the proof that you paid, write a letter of explaination to the lender.  Do not give it to them.  Do not say anything to them.  Just have the letter written, copied for your records, and in an envelope ready to go if needed.

You may get through closing without this being an issue.

Message 2 of 5
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

ok I saw you reply way to late...lol talked to my lendor just so they knew I was upfront and he said

"It is not really another credit report, just will need to deal with any new inquiries (hopefully there are none)

How much is the coll acct for?

so from that he didnt seem to worried about it (I have no new inquiries btw Smiley Tongue) so maybe it was a pre-mature panic???? I told him how much it was for and haven't heard anything back yet...so fingers crossed.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 3 of 5
rose921
New Contributor

Send DV letter to them today ! They did the same to me about a month ago on a 6.5 year old debt & the deleted from all credit reports in 30 days. Maybe it'll come off yours before any possible repulls before you close
Message 4 of 5
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

ok so thought it didnt affect my score but today low and behold my fico alert says my score drop to 618 on my equifax....I'm beyond panic now only thing I can think of is to pay down some more credit cards to compensate....that was my middle score mind you...and of course Fannie Mae just accepted our offer this morning....this is so beyond belief.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.