Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG it happened!!!

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

OMG it happened!!!

We closed this past Friday! If we can do it anyone can. Here is our history for people who think they can't do it.

08/2008 - Chapter 13 five year payment plan

08/2013 - Chapter 13 discharged

12/2014 - Called QL to see what we needed to do to qualify - advised us we were good to go but we didn't

01/2014 - Called QL and started the process

01/2015 - Put an offer in and it was excepted

02/2015 - Submitted the application - only issue

We had some accounts in the Chapter 13 reporting missed payments still. QL Loan officer worked with underwriters and had the issue resolved with in five days. All they needed was a letter of explanation for accounts.

03/27/2015 - We closed on our house .

This forum and the people on it are AWESOME! We would not have applied iif it had not been for all the info on MYFICO. The Mortgage Banker at QL was asweome. I heard/read a ton of stories but these guys were great.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG it happened!!!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 15
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

We had some accounts in the Chapter 13 reporting missed payments still. QL Loan officer worked with underwriters and had the issue resolved with in five days. All they needed was a letter of explanation for accounts.

We filed CH13 in Jan 2010 and it was discharged Aug 2014. We have 2 loans (same CU) that have reported late payments during the first year we filed.
One was for a car loan (30, 60, 90, 120 days late starting March 2010) which we still paid on through the trustee and the other is for a 2nd mortgage (30, 60, 90, 120 starting Mar 2010 and again 30, 60, 90 starting Sept 2010) which we included in BK. We surrendered the property the same month we filed.
I hope this isn't a problem because I plan on applying for a mortgage this summer/fall.

Message 4 of 15
apeydee416
Contributor

Those creditors reporting late payments after a BK is a violation of the discharge injunction. I would contact them, the CRA's and the CFPB to have those lates taken off.

Message 5 of 15
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

apeydee416 wrote:

Those creditors reporting late payments after a BK is a violation of the discharge injunction. I would contact them, the CRA's and the CFPB to have those lates taken off.

Thank you for confirming this. I tried once last summer with Equifax and they came back confirmed. They aren't listed on my TransUnion report that way and I did not check Experian at that time but I think they may be on my Experian report that I pulled yesterday.

You think I should give it another shot and is there any particular language I should use?

I appreciate you advice and expertise!

Message 6 of 15
apeydee416
Contributor

I had to do this and I sent all three CRA's a letter with the violation and a copy of the discharge. Equifax is always the stickler. Since you already tried disputing it with them, go online to the CFPB and submit claims against all of them. It will get removed, you just have to be persistant.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 8 of 15
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I appreciate your help. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
wendlan
Regular Contributor

What is the CFPB, I had an account that was discharged in CH 13 suddenly report past due. I didn't want to dispute it right now due to being in the mortgage process. What kind of mortgage did you get FHA or conventional. We are 1 year since ch 13 discharged,will quicken loans work with you at 1 year?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.