Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMW 2 A CONDO***UPDATE***

tag
rm3
Regular Contributor

OMW 2 A CONDO***UPDATE***

this is the beginning of my first time home buyer journey. I want to document the experience here where my credit rebuilding journey started over a year ago.  

Progress So far:

9-9-2013 LO pulled  my credit EQ-649, EX-655, TU-711

***UPDATE BELOW***

Will update with new info as it becomes available. Wish me Luck!!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: OMW 2 A CONDO

Alright! Good Luck Smiley Happy

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 9
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Good Luck Smiley Happy
Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 4 of 9
rm3
Regular Contributor

Re: OMW 2 A CONDO***UPDATE***

Bringing things up to date.....

LO came back with pre-approval and told me about a special funding program for  low income households. The program has a 35,000 income limit, a 115,000 purchase price limit, a 640 credit score requirement, and it would be FHA 30-year fixed at 2.5%.  Any thoughts or opinions on this program?

Now the dilema.....

The condo is new construction, 3bed 2bth, 1380 sq ft. for 120,000. my realtor is great and spoke with the listing agent who spoke with the builder. They will bring the price down to 115,000 but take away the 1 car attached garage(could buy outright for $5999 later if available) and give me the appliances package  including a builder grade refrigerator with ice maker. 

So my LO did a good faith estimate break down and my closing cost(i would have to pay since cannot be rolled into the loan due to the purchase price limit) would be $3500. Loan would be approx. 113,000 after $5000 down payment. estimated monthly payment 842.00

It seems kind of high to get a condo with no garage for that amount but I'm looking for honest opinions, what would you do? I am considering having Republic Bank do a pre-approval since they are currently offering $0 closing costs and possibly looking at other condosSmiley Indifferent

Sorry so long and Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions. 

Message 5 of 9
adymax
Contributor

FHA 30-year fixed at 2.5% I would jump in.

Message 6 of 9
foofighter74
Established Contributor

I would do it as well.  A garage is just another place to put a bunch of junk you should throw out anyway. lol

Message 7 of 9
rm3
Regular Contributor

The condo does have everything I want inside. I've looked at so many and keep coming back to this one. I'm not going to live in the garage, lol. I don't think I can walk away from this condo. Now if I could just figure out the closing cost issue- just pay it out of pocket or find another lender to help with paying it? Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 9
coterotie
Established Contributor

Did you do the math?

If rates are at 4% you save $1,725/year in interest

If rates are at 5% you save $2,875/year in interest

I think that's a pretty good payback for deleting the garage at least temporarily.  You could probably work out a deal with the builder to tote the note after closing.  Offer him $165/month for 36 months to add the garage.

Take the 2.5 deal

@rm3 wrote:

The condo does have everything I want inside. I've looked at so many and keep coming back to this one. I'm not going to live in the garage, lol. I don't think I can walk away from this condo. Now if I could just figure out the closing cost issue- just pay it out of pocket or find another lender to help with paying it? Smiley Indifferent

Always negotiate.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.