Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocwen mortgage? or something.. transferred from GMAC

tag
notw1031
New Contributor

Re: Ocwen mortgage? or something.. transferred from GMAC

When we purchased our last home, it was a foreclosed home and Ocwen was the seller. They were so slow to deal with. They messed a lot of the paperwork up and were very slow to respond to anything. We were constantly having to have them fix their mistakes before signing anything they sent. In the end we got a great deal but wouldn't choose to work with them in the future if we had the choice. We went with Chase and they were so easy! I hope they work out for you!

Message 11 of 20
gummiebear
New Contributor

Thanks. I will cross my fingers and hope everything will work out for me.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not accept any agreement with OCWEN!!!!! they are the worst mortgage company ever you will never talk to an american only a person from india, they put our house into foreclosure we were accepted for a loan modification we have it in writing we paid the three months of the trial and they sent us an invoice for more than $40,000.00 in back payments they denied our modification becuase we were missing a piece of paperwork we waited for 6months for this one piece of paper they never sent to us we now have attorneys involved what a mess!!!! so sad how the company is ran I wish i had more money to sue them.

Message 13 of 20
4thmouse

Ugh, Best of luck. We were 3 months ahead of our payments when our loan was transferred to ocwen. Never in the 5 years we had our loan had we been late. All our insurance and taxes we payed by us (No Escrow), and were never behind on them. Credit scores were 790ish. One month after our loan was transferred, We got late notice. Didn't even take them that long to start reporting lates to our credit. Somewhere $2200 of our payments had just disapeared. Keep in mind, They had already been credited to the account by the previous servicer. Then few days later we received a letter they were forcing $4400 insurance policy, We already had full insurance policy, Only paid $980 for the year. Interest went up 2%, On what was supposed to be a 30yr fixed APR contract. After 5 months of sending and resending paperwork and proof of payments, It still didn't get fully resolved and even got worse in some cases. Finally hired a lawyer and long story short, 8 months later the Ocwen was fo removed from the title, They were found to be in breach of contract and the contract was voided. While we saved $67,000 because of there screwups, It costed about $5K in up front lawyers fees (Which we eventually recouped from Ocwen). They didn't even really have a competent lawyer, Infact Our lawyer said he it was one of the easiest cases he had in a while, Which sucks, Becuase we still ended up paying him up front.

They still try to report to our credit from time to time, Im actually considering filing small claims against them for violations of the FCRA.

Of course we filed Ch7 BK about a year later, But that is another unrelated and more depressing story.

Message 14 of 20
4thmouse

Of course I feel I should mention, Our problems started immediately on transfer. If your loan is already transferred and no problems then your probably fine.

Message 15 of 20
knudsen04
New Visitor

Wondering how this turned out for you? We also  transferred to Ocwen about the same time, are having insurance issues but that's the area the house is at, but we are also needing to refinance and wondered how you've been doing with them Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
gummiebear
New Contributor

Been paying my mortgage on time and no problems. Someone here said as long as you do that it's fine. I don't know. Have not refinanced.
Message 17 of 20
boober
Frequent Contributor

How come you haven't refinanced yet?

The longer you wait the more money you're throwing away! Smiley LOL

Were you planning on doing a HARP refi?

Please keep us up to date as I am in a similar situation as you.

Thanks!

Message 18 of 20
gummiebear
New Contributor

I will soon. Will let you know how it goes.

Message 19 of 20
vickihe0428
New Visitor

Our 1st correspondence from this group was they didn't like our deductible amount and advised we needed to change it.  The 2nd correspondence we received was that they wanted our ss cards faxed to them ... and they would tag on a $100/day for each day they don't receive it ... were consulting with an attorney and if this is legal, they just got this property back.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.