Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocwen reporting mortgage twice!

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Ocwen reporting mortgage twice!

Ocwen took over the servicing of my GMAC Mortgage in February.  They just recently updated Experian to show the loan with Ocwen.   The GMAC mortgage loan is still showing on EQ and TU under GMAC.  Now Ocwen has reported new loans with Ocwen and now my EQ and TU reports show I have two mortgages.  

I disputed thru EQ and nothing was done.  How do I correct this, by going to Ocwen directly or dispute thru the credit bureaus?   

I am surprised it even reports twice as the balance is almost identical, open dates are the same and loan number is the same.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LLMT
Regular Contributor

Re: Ocwen reporting mortgage twice!

Both SHOULD show but GMAC should be marked as "transferred to another lender" and $0 balance. I would contact GMAC to update. Sometimes it can take awhile, but you are well past the standard "60-90 days" timeframe.
Message 2 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I called GMAC Mortgage, now Ocwen, and they can only send me a letter confirming the transfer of my account for me to send a dispute to EQ and TU.  They said it has been reported to the bureaus, now I have to dispute the report.  I believe this is just ridiculous I have to do this myself to get the account reported correctly when I had nothing to do with the transfer to Ocwen.  I should have the letter soon to submit with disputes, hopefully, this does not take long.

I already disputed the GMAC and Ocwen accounts on EQ with no luck.

Message 3 of 13
MortBankerRyan

Boonie,

Not to belittle your concern but you may be thinking this is hurting your credit more than it is.  Are you trying to make a big purchase like a car or mortgage right now?

Ryan

Message 4 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I don't see it impacts my scores, but having my credit EQ and TU reports show I owe twice as much on my house is concerning to me.  Not to say it is just inaccurate reporting!  Additionally, NFCU denied me a personal loan due to the amount of my current obligations compared to income, which I am working on resolving.

Message 5 of 13
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@LLMT wrote:
Both SHOULD show but GMAC should be marked as "transferred to another lender" and $0 balance. I would contact GMAC to update. Sometimes it can take awhile, but you are well past the standard "60-90 days" timeframe.

^^^^^^^^^

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I contacted GMAC (Ocwen) and obtained a letter from them explaining the transfer of the servicing of my mortgage to Ocwen in February.  On the 18th, I submitted disputes on EQ and TU with a copy of this letter hoping they update the credit reports showing the GMAC mortgage as transferred/closed.  So, if the disputes don't work I just have to wait it out while it looks like I have two mortgages?  

On my EX, Ocwen appears changed the name of my GMAC Mortgage to Ocwen Loan Servicing and the GMAC Mortgage tradeline is gone.  I thought they would leave the GMAC Mortgage and show it as transferred/closed.  My EX is the only bureau currently showing my loan balance correctly. 

Message 7 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

EQ dispute was no success even with documentation.  I guess my next route is BBB complaint on GMAC/Ocwen credit reporting error.  TU still pending. 

Message 8 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

After no success calling Ocwen/GMAC Mortgage and disputes with the credit bureaus, I filed a complaint with the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau and my credit reports were updated within a few days!  Only one mortgage now on my credit report as it should be! 

Message 9 of 13
timrino
New Visitor

Homeward and Ocwen credit reporting fourcloser removel

My loan was thru Homeward, I was fourclosed on Dec 2012. I pulled my credit and my wifes and on a whim I disputed all three on mine and hers. One month later the foreclouser is off. I do not know if since the law suit they stopped reporting or because my fourclouser dates fall in the Law suit time frame that they just let it go? But it has boosted my scorea bunch. I also know that just because its not on my credit report I cant claim I havent been fourcloused but it sure helps obtaining credit with out paying high intrest rates. I have looked on the internet for this info and its not out there. Hope it helps someone out.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.