cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Getting this Loan? **UPDATE**

tag
Hopefully_Home

Odds of Getting this Loan? **UPDATE**

My fiancee is puchasing a home (im not on it, long story) SO, his credit scores are 698, 701 and 710, all of our bills (ie, rent, utilities, etc) are paid on time, in full every month. He did however have a lapse in employment for 1.5 yr, NO jobs here in NJ. He's since been back to work for 6 months, with a pretty secure future with company.  We (he) signed a contract on a $98,500 foreclosure home in April, financing $96,000 through an FHA loan. He's had survey, title seach, appraisal (came out atleast for selling price, havent seen it yet) Has homeowners ins. paid in full for the year. Loan is now in underwriting, they came back and asked for rent reciept from may and july 2012, a letter of explanation for the unemployment (laid off, company downsized/birth of premature daughter) and a letter from our landlord saying rent is current and paid on time for past 2 yrs. We were supposed to go to closing today (5-24) but now only have till the 30th to close (selling bank's say so) Are the odds of being approved on our side or are we in danger of having nowhere to live come 6/1, since we already gave out 30 days notice?!?  **UPDATE** As of 12:36pm we are APPROVED, CLEAR TO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!! SO SUPER EXCITED!! This has been a veeery long, scary, hard fought process, but it ended with us getting our home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Hopefully_Home

Re: Odds of Getting this Loan?

Is anymore info needed? I'm just looking for a little reassurance, my lo is just shy of useless!

Message 2 of 7
Lac2509
Valued Member

I have heard you have to show consistent employment for over 2 years.  This might be what is the biggest issue from what I can see.  That is what I have heard and seen in past posts.  However every loan company is different, I am crossing my fingers for you guys.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
Hopefully_Home

Thank you! We knew they wanted to see the 2 yrs, but the economy just sank around here, unemployment was soo bad here, over 10% at one point, we gave a LOE to the UW, and we've gotten this far, and current boss gave a glowing, fantastic letter of employment verification and pretty much guarantees 4 more yrs (at least) of work, so im praying that satisfies the UW on that front. He kept all bills/rent/cc paid and credit score is pretty good even during the unemployment.

Message 4 of 7
Hopefully_Home

I updated the original post, but I wanted to bump it up, we were APPROVED, Cleared to close, this morning!!! We will close NEXT WEEK, this loan has been a huge nightmare, I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago from the stress, never have we fought so hard and worked together to accomplish something as a couple as we have for this home and I as so beyond super excited for anything (except the birth of our 2 girls, lol)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 7
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

So sorry to read that you miscarried- 

It's great that you hung in there and fought, and that you'll soon be enjoying your new home. 

Message 6 of 7
cclee
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Sorry you had to go thru that kind of stress, enjoy your home!

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.