Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic: Items left on foreclosed purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Off Topic: Items left on foreclosed purchase

Kinda off topic, but hopefully one of you LO's will have experience with this.  We bought a foreclosed house this past January.  Actually closed on the 20th of February.  When we bought the house it had a large Truck, kind of like a large Uhaul truck, on the lot.  As well as a trailer.  Well since closing the truck is still there.  My realtor has been in contact with the sellers realtor and they have no status.  Just that the seller is "working" on getting the truck removed.  Can I start charging them a storage fee if they don't get it off by a certain time?  The only problem I see is that we never had anything in writing stating they would take the truck off the property.  But we never signed anything stating the truck was included in the sale.  Any ideas?

jv

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Off Topic: Items left on foreclosed purchase

I would say call a ((scraper)) to come and take the truck and trailer and make a few bucks off it.

Depending on the laws, and I have no clue about them, I would try a find out if you have ownership rights for abandon property.

Not knowing the condition or type of truck/trailer you have, you might find you have a little pot of gold sitting there.

Message 2 of 7
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I agree with ezover. The other option is to place a free ad on Craigslist in your area.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... think about it. They lost the house in foreclosure. Think you'd have any chance of collecting storage fees? If it's still there, it's abandoned. If you want to be nice, make one more call to state that if it isn't removed within 7 days it will be towed for scrap.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You did your due diligence in giving them time to pick up the vehicle. Call a towing company and have them take it to their yard. THEY will charge them for storage and they will have a certain about of time to claim it. NOT your problem!
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Interesting.

Personally, I would contact them and offer to help them pick it up.... before it gets moved to the curb. Then it is the city's problem.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas, I would agree with you if they know who the owner is.

From the OP post it sounds like they do not know and are just dealing with the bank and that the property has been abandoned and I believe the new owner would inherit if there is no lien against the truck trailer.

It wont take much to make a few phone calls to check on all that,

As to tossing it to the curb, with scrap metal going for 80.00 to 320.00 a ton and if the box on the truck is aluminum that's, guessing, 40 cents a pound?

Message Edited by ezover on 03-13-2009 04:51 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.